Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] HOW TO HIDE A FIELD IN A MASTER FILE

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] HOW TO HIDE A FIELD IN A MASTER FILE
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Please, does anyone know if and how I can hide a field in a master file, preventing it from being captured in a reporting object.

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Windows/SQL/CUBES
HTML/PDF/XLS

Posts: 117 | Registered: November 18, 2009Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to hide a field?

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Windows/SQL/CUBES
HTML/PDF/XLS

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try to leave the fieldname empty, but let the alias in place with the correct name. Did not try this lately, but in historic versions this would not show the field in devstudio. Might be that it will now also leave it out of the list for reporting object fields.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the master file example but it's not working. Both fields(AMOUNT1 & AMOUNT2) are showing in infoassist report:

FIELDNAME=AMOUNT1, ALIAS='Net Amt %', USAGE=D8.2%, ACTUAL=D8,
MISSING=ON,
TITLE='Net Amount %',
PROPERTY=MEASURE, $
DEFINE AMOUNT2/D8.2% = AMOUNT1 * 10;,
TITLE='Net Amount %', $

is there a way of making AMOUNT1 not to show in infoassist report?

Thanks.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Windows/SQL/CUBES
HTML/PDF/XLS

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
As I said, this was the way to hide fields in the 'old' days. Apparently that does not work anymore. I have no idea how to do prevent fields from showing up in IA. Maybe opening a case with this question will give you a definitive answer.

GamP

in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
There's an attribute called INTERNAL you can put on your MFD. I 'hid' our social security number field, then defined a new version with the formatting:

FIELDNAME=C_SSN, ALIAS=C_SSN, USAGE=A11, ACTUAL=A11,
MISSING=ON, ACCESS_PROPERTY=(INTERNAL),
TITLE='SSN', DESCRIPTION='This field is INTERNAL becuase we defined SSN as formatted', $
DEFINE SSN/A11 =IF ENTITY_MASTER1.ENTITY_MASTER1.C_SSN GT ' ' THEN EDIT( C_SSN, '999-99-9999' ) ELSE '';
TITLE='SSN', DESCRIPTION='Social Security Number', $

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,
I am getting error with your sample code. Am are doing anything wrong? Pls, check the code below:

FIELDNAME=AMOUNT1, ALIAS='Net Amt %', USAGE=D8.2%, ACTUAL=D8,
MISSING=ON, ACCESS_PROPERTY = INTERNAL,
TITLE='Net Amount %',
PROPERTY=MEASURE, $

DEFINE AMOUNT2/D8.2% = AMOUNT1 * 10;,
TITLE='Net Amount %', $

Does wf recognise ACCESS_PROPERTY?

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Windows/SQL/CUBES
HTML/PDF/XLS

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Never knew this existed - I'm still of the old-school. But it works like a charm. Thanks, great tip!

@umun: you do have to put the INTERNAL keyword within (), otherwise it won't work, as you noticed.

GamP

in Focus since 1988

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's working now. Thanks guys.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Windows/SQL/CUBES
HTML/PDF/XLS

Master
posted Hide Post
I am actually looking to do something very similar in my MFDs. Which manual is this located in? I have a feeling I'll need to look at some of the more esoteric options and don't want to bother everyone with noob questions.

Thanks!
- ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The first manual I found this in is the SNF for release 761/762. Do a search in your set of digital manual for the term ACCESS_PROPERTY.

GamP

in Focus since 1988