Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     (Closed) How Can One Keystroke In ReportCaster Wipe Out the Entire Schedule?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
(Closed) How Can One Keystroke In ReportCaster Wipe Out the Entire Schedule?
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I was entering a new ReportCaster job, and went to delete one task by right clicking and then selecting delete (I've since noticed that there is a delete button which I am sure I should have used instead.) The result of that delete was the erasure of all jobs that have been scheduled in the tool. We could not restore the jobs, so I began reentering all jobs, and after about 15 had been recreated, I forgot that there is an additional step to verify the name of the job, and I clicked on the listing of one of the jobs listed above instead, which again wiped out the entire set of ReportCaster jobs. Has anyone else encountered this very helpful new feature? We've recently upgraded from 7.0.3 to 8009, and it may be the 1st time that I've had any interaction with ReportCaster since the upgrade. Argh!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Joni Campbell - Europa Sports,

Windows, HTML, AHTML, Excel
In FOCUS since 1983

Posts: 41 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: January 06, 2012Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. We have 2 environments, one standalond and one managed reporting. Last year I upgraded the standalone environment to 8.0.something, and now my ReportCaster folders move around and disappear for no reason. I hate it. I need to upgrade my managed reporting environment this summer, but I'm waiting for 8.2 and my management forces me to take an earlier release I quit.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Mike, by that you mean that your report caster domain is 'moving'? We had that problem and there is a patch available from IB that prompts for confirmation that you are sure you want to move the resource. Very helpful as it stops any domain contents being moved accidently.

81.05 All formats

Posts: 56 | Location: Manchester | Registered: November 21, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,
If I remember correctly, a user accidentally moved a folder and couldn't find it again. I did read about the patch, but we'll be upgrading to 8.2 when it comes out anyway, so that should fix it. Thanks.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
so that should fix it

Wishful thinking. In my experience, bugs that were fixed in one release suddenly returned in another release.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Gee, thanks Francis. Now I'm depressed Smiler

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Expert
posted Hide Post
The patch to solve the moving folder bug is very necessary as we seem to have this problem constantly. I certainly hope that newer versions of WebFOCUS do not rely on the same patch, but instead are engineered to work properly.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your insights. I think that it was the same scenario for me. My I.S. support counterpart was able to find the jobs, just stored in another folder. As he was researching the issue, he saw the jobs move from one folder to the next. It appears that we are back on track (for now,) but given your comments, I'll bet that we will have to fight with it again until we either get a new release or a patch. Thanks for your insights.

Windows, HTML, AHTML, Excel
In FOCUS since 1983

Posts: 41 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: January 06, 2012Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I would suggest going down the patch route. Not only can the rc domain move without prompt so can any reporting domains. It saves a lot of searching, support calls and restoring back to the original location. Good to hear you found them.

81.05 All formats

Posts: 56 | Location: Manchester | Registered: November 21, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
We set up a Zabbix (open source monitoring) trigger to alert us via email every time a move folder occurs. It scans the Audit Log, D:\ibi\WebFOCUS80\logs\audit.log for "move.*SUCCESS".

Francis