Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Where are reports physically stored when sent to Report Library?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Where are reports physically stored when sent to Report Library?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Does anyone know where the reports are physically stored? Is there a way to access these reports through a URL instead of going through the Library?

Prod - WF 7.6.4 Unix/Solaris - Self-Service, BI Dashboard, MRE
Dev - WF 7.6.4 Unix/Solaris - Self-Service, BI Dashboard, MRE
Databases: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2000, DB2.

Posts: 177 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 25, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/12922124.html

Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Library reports are stored as BLOBs in one of the Report Caster admin tables, BOTLIB and BOTLDATA.

You can access the reports via the dashboard.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Ken, Where are you going with this?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
k.lane

there is also an WebFOCUS/Report Caster API that might be of interest.

Scott

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info on BOT tables. That helped.

Darryl, where am I going with this? Oil Sands are looking at incorporating a couple of financial reports onto their portal. We originally looked at providing them with a link that will run the required report. However, with the additional security within ERS (financial reporting), we needed to have them log in - which they didn't want to do. The current line of thinking is to use portlets on the Oilsands side to manage the security and for us to run the report via reportcaster and provide a link to an htm file that will contain the report. This is a more consistent approach with how they are using their portal and where they want to go.

Do you have any suggestions?

Posts: 177 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 25, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If they are going to use portlets, then they could hook into the Dashboard to retrieve the reports.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ginny,

I tried using the portlets and it may not give us what we need, unless I'm not seeing something - I'm new to these portlets....I like the fact that it gets around the authentication problem we're having.

Here's my dilemma. I used the portlets and accessed the report of interest. If others use the URL that I gave them, it still uses my id in the SID. Mind you, without all the other level of security this would be fine. But, we don't want every Tom, **** and Harry using my id to authenticate against the dbamast because we're dealing with very sensitive information. My main issue with them was that it would be nice to pass the users id straight through and use that one.

This other approach seems to be their choix du jour now. Basically I just want to use RC to create an HTML file that I can store on the server and then provide them with a URL. Yes, I understand that we could FTP the file but that's not the most desirable option.

Methinks I need more coffee.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GinnyJakes:
Library reports are stored as BLOBs in one of the Report Caster admin tables, BOTLIB and BOTLDATA.

You can access the reports via the dashboard.

Ginny,

Could you please explain how to access reports in library "via the dashboard"? Or I misunderstood something?

Thank you

WebFocus 7.1.4
Windows XP

Expert
posted Hide Post
I would suggest that you download the MRE Admin manual and the Report Caster Admin manual and do a little reading on Report Library to see how you could use it in your environment.

Ginny

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Walker, to see library reports via dashboard, you need to design your dashboard to include library.
Check out building dashboard from the manual.

Thanks,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
K.Lane,
If you are content with a preset report, having your portal point to an HTML file should solve your problem.
However, if what you are driving to is having a Self-Service App. where the users can choose values for parameters and then run a report or more, then you do need to implement your security.
Here, we have done this for some of our customers. For one we implemented one-time passwords where the user sends an SMS and receives a password to be typed in within a short period of time.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Daniel,

The client is more than content on just viewing an HTML page that does not provde any interactive functionality and hence, no request to the reporting server. My issue is trying to get RC to create the HTML file that I can access. If I can do that, then I am good to go.

Ken

posted Hide Post
Thank you Ginny and Chirag for your responses.

WebFocus 7.1.4
Windows XP

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Ken, this is an example of using JSP to retrieve a pdf. Take a look at this and make the necessary changes to retrieve a html file.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Darryl,

This worked perfectly! Thank my man!

Ken