Focal Point
Can you override valign=top in htmtable output?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/608107345

October 07, 2010, 03:03 PM
John_Edwards
Can you override valign=top in htmtable output?
It appears that valign=middle gets assigned to data fields in report outputs. Is there a way to override that? I would like to center the data vertically. I need each row to be taller than normal, and to have the text in the middle.

J.

October 07, 2010, 03:20 PM
GamP
Am I misreading something, or isn't that exactly what you want?
'valign=middle' and 'centering the data vertically' ... ??

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
October 07, 2010, 03:23 PM
John_Edwards
Never mind -- I've got a css file that's not playing nice with its fellow classmates. I'm working through.

J.

October 08, 2010, 10:11 AM
John_Edwards
Yeah, you know I'm kind of over a barrel on this one. I can create a css entry for TD to valign middle but it applies to the entire report -- the headings and footings are all in TD items as well. So when I try to add a min-height option it affects the entire report.

So . . . I put class names on the individual components in the body of the focexec and attempt to address the class from the css, and I end up losing the FOCUS styling on those items. I get one or the other, not both, and currently css isn't terribly forgiving for alternating line colors. So I'm pretty much in a can't-get-there-from-here position.

That's how it goes I suppose.

J.

October 08, 2010, 10:22 AM
Glenda
Did you figure out how to alternate line colors?

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows
October 08, 2010, 10:26 AM
GamP
Are you having the SET CSSURL in place?
Did you also remove the ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON command (or set it to OFF)?
It seems to me that what you want/need should be possible, playing around with these settings should give you some idea of what is going on.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988