Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED (issue w/fex)] Unofficial WF7.x syntax checking tool for WF8 compatibility?:

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED (issue w/fex)] Unofficial WF7.x syntax checking tool for WF8 compatibility?:
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
So, there's been word floating around that there is an unofficial syntax checking tool that one or more people have that allows you to see if your WF7.x code will work in WF8.x. Does anyone know about this tool, and where one could get his hands on a copy of such?

I'm currently dealing with a procedure that continues to give me the 32027 hard kill error or fails to run but never gives me an adequate error to work with despite my efforts to place -EXITs throughout the .fex, add -SET &ECHO = 'ALL', or even set XRETRIEVAL = OFF in my tracing. It is VERY aggravating! Does anyone else know of any other tricks that may help to troubleshoot a procedure that I haven't already tried? That, and know where I could go to get me a copy of this "tool" if it exists?

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I think everyone would be interested.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Waz,

I bet.

All,

IBI really needs to focus on documenting things completely and correctly (proof: lacking documentation referenced in this discussion), fix the poor search they have implemented for their online docs, and provide adequate troubleshooting methods and messaging for existent functionality, while pausing on the product releases. This is pretty bad.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The issue with my procedure was that there were incorrectly applied actual and usage data types for a specific field in the new environment where the old one had something different for them. Made the corrections and it now works.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
About a year ago we had this done and I had to zip up our source code and send it to IBI for them to scan. They, in turn, will provide a high-level listing of SET’s, INCLUDE’s, HTML compatibility issues, Syntax Warnings, etc.

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)

Posts: 36 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: December 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
CoolGuy,
quote:
The issue with my procedure was...
Would you please be so kind as to post the incorrect and correct formats which caused this issue.

Thanks, Doug

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Old environment - Actual: I4  Usage:  I11

New environment - Actual: P20  Usage:  P10  (It may have been P10 then P20.  Can't remember.  Sorry.)