Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Excel corrupted when ROWLIMIT IS SET TO 1000000

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Excel corrupted when ROWLIMIT IS SET TO 1000000
 Login/Join

posted
I had 30lakh records and trying to split 10lakh records into each sheet.
I tried splitting the records using ROWLIMIT=1000000, It was generating a corrupted excel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Excel still has its limits
Not because you are splitting the result in 3 tabs of 1M records each that Excel will accept that.

The first question that I would ask myself is : why producing a report that contains 3M records ?
For me it makes no sense

Maybe you are not using the proper approach

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a business requirements, And the data is for one year.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venkatesh emandi:
It is a business requirements, And the data is for one year.

You must get more information (or provide us with more info) regarding the goal behind this :

- What is the purpose of having one year of detailed data where over 3M rows are extracted and included in an Excel file ?
- What they want to do with that ?
- Can you provide something different then their requirement to better answer their needs ?

Nobody can work with that number of data as a BI POV.
This looks more like a data dump and sure that Excel is probably not the good platform to dump in.
It also looks like we are missing a lot of information...

Please update your signature to let us know which WF version you are working with.
That may help us helping you in future.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I've never attempted to do this, so I can't tell if it should or shouldn't work but like MartinY says, you've probably hit a limitation.

Test 1: Dump this data into a CSV and see if Excel can open that CSV file. That'll give you an idea if in fact Excel is choking on the size of your output.

Test 2: Try running the request on the reporting server (with ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT XLSX) to see if it still corrupts the excel file. That eliminates the WebFOCUS client and any client memory limitations as a potential issue.

Ultimately, if your requirements aren't flexible, the only thing left is to open a case with IB tech support to get their official response. But I'm pretty sure tech support will ask you to try these two tests so you may want to have this information before you call them as they help narrow down where the issue is.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post