Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Creating a test environment and a live one

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Creating a test environment and a live one
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

I have one server on which i have installed WF7.6.5 AND BEA server as web server.
By default when using dev studio i have one EDASERVE which is showing all the application under the \ibi\apps folder.
and this is the situation of my live server.

Now i wanted to create an other EDASERVE and would like to call it EDASERVETEST for example.
This way i will have a test environment and a production one.
The only issue i am having is that both EDASERVE AND EDASERVETEST are showing the same aplication under \ibi\apps.
I have create a new directory called \ibi\appstest and would like the edaservetest to show application under that folder.

Any suggestion

Thanks.

Majid.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Majid,

Firstly, I would suggest that you ensure your license permits that.

Then check out the server configuration screens or, better still, point the install at a different directory on set-up.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,

What is the benefit of having the possibilty to create multiple EDASERV if they all point to the same apps directory?

Regards.

WebFocus 7.6.5

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you're just creating another instance of the server using the same isntalled code base on the same box, correct?

They don't all have to point to the same directory. It all depends on how you set it up. When you create the new server, if you tell it to use a different apps directory in the install process, it will.

If you're creating new directories and such AFTER the installation, then you have to jump through additional hoops to change the default apps directory in the configuration files.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Dareen Lee,

Yes i am just creating a new instance on the same box. But i would like when i connect to this box with developer studio to see the 2 EDASERVERS: EDAPROD AND EDADEV
When a developer opens the EDADEV he should see all the FEX files in a folder APPSDEV
And if he opens the EDAPROD he should see all the FEX files in the folder APPS.
Is that possible?

Thanks
Majid.

WebFocus 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is possible. But as stated before, you must have a license for the second server.

When you install your reporting server, you are asked where to put the applications. The default is ibi/apps. At least on Unix you can override this at installation time. If you are not prompted to change, then you can edit the edaserve.cfg file in the wfs/bin directory.

We have 3 servers here (all licensed) and each has their own 'ibi/apps' directory, called something else of course.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Ginny,

This means that i have to install as many reporting server as the edaserve i want to create and specify a different apps directory.
If yes then i will be facing a licensing issue
that i need to check with our sales.

Thanks.

WebFocus 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. Isn't that what you said you wanted to do?

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
then i will be facing a licensing issue
Hence my initial comment!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Ginny,

I wanted to create an EDASERVER without installing another reporting server.
In the webfocus administration server i have the possibility to add a reporting server but i understand now that it goes with installing a reporting server and specify another apps directory for it.

Thanks to all of you

Majid.

WebFocus 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
If you are talking about the client side, yes you can set up another 'Remote Server' node to point to the same reporting server. You are not going to be able to have a different ibi/apps. There are some tech memos on this topic so you might want to search the IBI site for these.

Ginny

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Ginny,

Yes this is what i was trying to do hoping that i could point it to another ibi/apps.

Thanks.

WebFocus 7.6.5