Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Chained parameters won't display anything

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Chained parameters won't display anything
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have two parameters that are chained on an html report, but they're not returning anything. When I didn't have them chained (in the procedure), I could get data back, but now I'm not getting anything displayed. The two drop down lists are populated correctly. The first one is vehicle make and the second is vehicle model. When I choose Ford for the make, the model drop down displays the correct models. I've tried a number of makes and models and don't get anything displayed when I click on the run button. I see my report header, but there is no data. I am also not getting any errors. Any suggestions as to what I should look at to fix this?

Theresa

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

PMF: 5.2.3 HF 4
Server: WF 7.6.11/DB2
Desktop: WF 7.6.11/SQL Server/XP
output: HTML

Posts: 38 | Location: Washington, D.C., United States | Registered: April 22, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
can you post your code for the report.

WF 8.2.01M
8.2.01M Reporting Server
Windows 2012 Srvr R2
PDF,Excel, HTML
Graphs - a lot of graphs

Posts: 60 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Right-Click your 1st parameters box and, IF, Cache run time data is checked, click it, to uncheck it. If it is NOT checked, click it, to check it...

hth

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Flynn:
Right-Click your 1st parameters box and, IF, Cache run time data is checked, click it, to uncheck it. If it is NOT checked, click it, to check it...

hth

It was checked, so I unchecked it and ran the report again with the same results

Posts: 38 | Location: Washington, D.C., United States | Registered: April 22, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
As mrguru suggested, post your FOCEXEC code between the Code tags, RED, upper-right on the tool bar...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Theresa,

I meant the CAR stuff. I thought you had a chained process where CAR was selected and would populate the MODEL Listbox, and that those values were not being passed, correct?

Let's work with that code...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Gold member
posted Hide Post
A the beginning of your fex add:

-SET &ECHO = ALL;
-TYPE VEHICLE MAKE = &VEHICLE_MAKE
-TYPE VEHICLE MODEL = &VEHICLE_MODEL

Now run your html file and then on the output window right click it and select view source. Scroll down until you see the fex. You can then see what is being passed for the make and model (look at the -type statements you added).

WF 8.2.01M
8.2.01M Reporting Server
Windows 2012 Srvr R2
PDF,Excel, HTML
Graphs - a lot of graphs

Posts: 60 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Flynn:
Theresa,

I meant the CAR stuff. I thought you had a chained process where CAR was selected and would populate the MODEL Listbox, and that those values were not being passed, correct?

Let's work with that code...

When you said FOCEXEC, I was thinking FEX. The only other code I see is on the html tab. Is that what you're referring to?

I don't know if the values are being passed or not. How do I check that? I can choose the make and model and the values in both of those dropdowns are correct. My third parameter is not chained, but I am just leaving it at the default "All". I do get the headers displayed on the results page, but no data (or errors, for that matter).

Theresa

Expert
posted Hide Post
Theresa,

Focexec and fex are the same...

-? &
-EXIT

This displays all your & or && values...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
My Vehicle_make and vehicle_model values from the drop downs *are* being passed correctly.