Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     7.6.4 esriinfo.xml file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
7.6.4 esriinfo.xml file
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Anybody home?

I have a 7.6.4 install that needs to use something other than the default userid and pw that comes with the system. To do this in 7.6.4 I need to hand-edit the esriinfo.xml file to contain the correct userid and pw. But the problem is that I can't create an esriinfo.xml file until I manage to complete a connection to ESRI, and I can't do that until I have a valid userid and pw. I'm in irons. The local password restrictions prevent me from getting even one run to work correctly.

So I've been working with IB support and the problem they're encountering is that they don't have an esriinfo.xml file from 7.6.4 -- too old. The one they sent for a more recent version won't run.

So, is there anybody out there that has a 7.6.4 esriinfo.xml file that they'd be willing to share? Once I get this to run once I should be able to customize it to correct any other configuration errors and be on my way.

J.

Note -- I originally posted this in the WF/ESRI integration forum, but it appears there's no way for people to see it.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This concerns me, as 7.6.4 isn't "Functionaly Stabilised" yet.

They should have it, or are unwilling to get it installed, etc.

Isn't the software still available to download ?

Wish I could help, but we don't have ESRI here.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
They haven't given up yet. The guy I'm working with may have an answer in the morning. As it stands I'd like to close the loop and if someone out there has a file that was 7.6.4ish I would much appreciate a copy.

J.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Still looking for this file.

J.

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'll look for a copy in my old desk drawers tonight...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
John,

Please remind me which directory on the server this file is located, I may be able to ask someone that still has v7.6.4...

Regards,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It's inside each app folder. Thanks for having a look around -- I may get a break.

J.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What comes to my mind is the question how to be sure it is a 764 esriinfo.xml file. Is there something in the file to look for? I found several copies of that file, but I can't find a version indicator in the file. And, btw, also no logon information.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A very good question on the versioning.

If you don't have username information it likely isn't going to address my issue. IB sent me two, but one wasn't 7.6.4 (they warned me) and the other had a LOT of additional material from its original use. If someone has a 7.6.4 I'd appreciate you just plinking a fresh one by starting from scratch in a new app folder, but don't kill yourselves guys. I'll figure a way to muddle through.

Thank you all for taking the time.

J.