Focal Point
[CLOSED] drillRefresh doesnt work through Designer pages?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6117093196

June 28, 2019, 03:28 AM
JForFun
[CLOSED] drillRefresh doesnt work through Designer pages?
Hi guys,

I'm working with a BI portal right now and I created a portal page containing three reports. The first two reports have the JavaScript drillRefresh attached to their data to refresh certain parameters on the same page which are used to alter the third report. Everything works fine so far.

But now I wanted to add an optional parameter to the third report and since the autoprompt window looks awful I wanted to use a designer page for the third report (or alternatively for the whole page) where I can put the parameter in a reducable segment. So now my new portal page looks like this:

report 1 --------- report 2
designer page with report 3

But it turns out that now the drillRefresh (with AMPERS_PAGE_ONLY) doesnt work anymore as if it cant target a designer page. Is there a way to make that work?
If I put all three reports on a designer page and incorporate that one in the portal it's the same result.

Alternatively I could maybe turn the third report into one that contains a html input form for the parameter and refreshes itself upon that but since I'm not really into the whole HTML-thing yet, I have really no idea how to exactly do that.

Working on WebFocus 8.2 right now but personally only have access to the page designer and text editor for reports, none of the other fancy tools.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JForFun,
June 28, 2019, 04:56 AM
JForFun
Minimal example:

Fex1:

SET JSURLS = '/ibi_apps/tools/portalcanvas/iframeinterface.js'

-DEFAULTH &CAR = 'BMW';

TABLE FILE CAR
BY COUNTRY AS '&CAR'
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE = DATA, COLUMN = N1, TARGET='_self', JAVASCRIPT=drillRefresh('AMPERS_PAGE_ONLY' 'COUNTRY' COUNTRY 'CAR' '&CAR'), $
ENDSTYLE

END

Fex2:

SET JSURLS = '/ibi_apps/tools/portalcanvas/iframeinterface.js'

-DEFAULTH &COUNTRY = 'ENGLAND';

TABLE FILE CAR
BY CAR AS '&COUNTRY'
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE = DATA, COLUMN = N1, TARGET='_self', JAVASCRIPT=drillRefresh('AMPERS_PAGE_ONLY' 'CAR' CAR 'COUNTRY' '&COUNTRY'), $
ENDSTYLE

END

Fex3:

-DEFAULTH &CAR = 'BMW';

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&COUNTRY' OR CAR EQ '&CAR'

END

--> Putting all 3 in a portal page, everything works fine, I can click on the country and the car in the other two reports and all get refreshed accordingly.

Alter Fex3:

-DEFAULTH &CAR = 'BMW';

TABLE FILE BASEAPP/CAR
SUM
DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&COUNTRY' OR CAR EQ '&CAR'
WHERE SEATS = '&SEATS'

END

--> Put Fex3 on a designer page, add the new SEATS-parameter in a segment. Then put all three in a portal page. Fex1 and Fex2 refresh according to what I click on, the page with Fex3 doesn't care at all.
July 03, 2019, 12:00 PM
FP Mod Chuck
JforFun

If you haven't already I suggest you open a case with techsupport to get help with this one.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
July 05, 2019, 11:33 AM
JForFun
I worked my way around this problem with a combination of navigateToPage's. I'll close this for now even though I think it's a bug.