Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Creating Synonms in Batch

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Creating Synonms in Batch
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi, After looking at the previous posts.. I found the code by Francis to generate synonms in batch but It does not work in our environment (SYSCAT_TABLES mfd not found)

We have Development environment which is working fine.
Test envinoment is not setup properly.. Get errors on MFDS not found etc..Synonms are not created for several tables..

How can I just take the Development environment Databases/Tables and create synonms for these in the Test Enviornment in Batch

We have SQL server 2005 Adapetr

I looked at the current Data Adapter section, I dont see "sys tables".. It lists different databases and under each database, tables are defined..
Do I need to run this batch fex for each and every datbase or there is a way, I can find the "system tables" and use it to create amper based code to generate synonms for all tables

This batch file/fex needs to be run from where (Server side or MRE domain)

Any help would be appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Prod/Dev/Test: WF 8.1.5 on (Windows Server 2012 R2 )
SandBox: WebFocus Server 8.1.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.1.5 and Developer Studio 8.1.5 on Windows 7

Posts: 134 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
SYSCAT_TABLES

If I remember correctly, SYSCAT_TABLES is a DB2 system table for which I created a master using the reporting server console.

For SQL Server 2005, you probably can use the system table called "tables". Please read SQL Server 2005 System Tables and Views.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Francis..
It's INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES in SQL Server 2005

Prod/Dev/Test: WF 8.1.5 on (Windows Server 2012 R2 )
SandBox: WebFocus Server 8.1.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.1.5 and Developer Studio 8.1.5 on Windows 7

Posts: 134 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2008Report This Post