Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     help with SUBMIT syntax

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
help with SUBMIT syntax
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
How can i get a SUBMIT button to have a second action, to clear the target frame while the new fex is waiting to finish?
For ex, an HREF can have an OnKlick='parent.banner.location.mynewpage.htm' to load a second or third frame in addition to performing the specified href.
But i tried this within the INPUT TYPE="submit"... and it didn't work.
I tried BUTTON TYPE="submit" etc. Didn't work.
I tried OnSubmit in the FORM tag. Didn't work.
Grateful for help. thanks.
(the K in the html above is a C, but this board won't take it)A

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
HTML/Javascript topic Wink

I understand you want to execute second action when first action is finished...

onsubmit must work. Try the following example.

<script type="text/javascript">
function firstAction() {
return confirm('Continue with second action?');
}
function secondAction() {
alert('Second Action');
}

1. Click the submit button
2. The form executes onsubmit (normally used for validations). onsubmit can returns true or false.
3. If onsubmit action returns true (important!) then the form executes the main action (not neccesary to be javascript like the example).

I hope this helps.
Regards,
Mikel

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 173 | Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: May 09, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
thanks Mikel, but what i need is the OnClick event handler of the Submit button. the two events are not interdependent, so i don't need the onsubmit event handler of the form object...i'm not concerned with t/f on event 1;
Just concerned with clearing the page so that the user knows that the server is actually working on their request. so i'm aiming at the INPUT TYPE=submit..onKlick...but i just can't make it work with dom syntax:
[input type="submit" value="Go" onKlick="'parent.main.location="blue.htm"'>
Just doesn't work; How can i make it work???

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Susannah, the following code works:

Problem: If the target is the same for both actions, the browser start loading processing.html (onclick) but, at same time, before the processing.html load have finished, start the load of the submit action.

Regards,
Mikel

Posts: 173 | Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: May 09, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
thanks Mikel, i just can't make it work;
i get the alert boxes ok,
but i can't get the 'processing.html' to load before the fex output loads. there's plenty of time, its just the action i can't figure out.
argh! exasperated.

<slallen>
posted
Not sure if this will help or not. Why not make your rocessing.html page the report view page as well.

I have a an application where the user makes selection then clicks a submit button. The page clears to home and a new window opens with our processing page.

SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"
function loadReport() {
if (document.getElementById) { // DOM3 = IE5, NS6
document.getElementById('hidepage').style.visibility = 'hidden';
}
// End -->
/script

Using the layers we can load a screen with a processing message.

/HEAD
BODY OnLoad="loadReport()"
div id="hidepage"
table
tr
td align="center"
font face="Arial">Building report...Please Wait.
/font
/td
/tr
/table
/div

Then since the page continues to process all lines when loaded it will fire off the report.

script LANGUAGE="JavaScript"
window.location.href="/servlets/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=SC3060"
/script
/head
/body
/html

When completed the page will be displayed in the same window.

You can also define an Action dynamically using

function alter(object) {
var sl = document.feedback.Category.value;
var al = "../../scservlets/jsp/jmail.jsp";
object.encoding = 'text/plain';
object.action = al;
object.method = 'GET';
// parent.main.location.href = 'schome.htm';
}

Then in the Submit use

INPUT type="submit" value="Go" onClick="alter(this.form)"