Focal Point
Image on report heading page and footing

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6141087331

June 04, 2004, 08:49 PM
pruittlr
Image on report heading page and footing
I am trying to put an image in the footer of a report that has a report component. I want a footer on each page, including the report header page, that contains the page number and the image. The report header page is like a cover sheet for the report.

Using an in-line stylesheet, if I put the image on TYPE=FOOTING, it works for all pages except the report header page.

This code puts it in the footing position of each page, but I can't put the footer with it because I get a blank page with the image on it on every other page in the report.

TYPE=REPORT, IMAGE=OGELOGO.GIF, POSITION=(+6.500000 +10.000000), ALT='OGE Image', $

Also, I'd really like the report header page to have only the image in the footer position with no page number. Then I'd like the page number (starting at page 1) and the image to be on the subsequent pages in the footer.

I'm not sure how to go about this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Raelene
June 07, 2004, 05:36 PM
Denver RSE
Not sure if this solves your problem, but try the following:

Create a DEFINE'd field in your Master file that points to the image. For example:

DEFINE IB_LOGO/A80=' ' ;,
TITLE='IB Logo',
DESCRIPTION='Information Builders Logo',
$

Then, this new field appears in your "pick list" in the report painter. Just add the field to the footer of the report and it will appear on each page.

Cheers
June 07, 2004, 05:39 PM
Denver RSE
Hmmm. I see that the web page treated that funny. Let me try again...

(I took out the < in front of IMG )

DEFINE IB_LOGO/A80=
'IMG border="0" SRC="/ibi_html/newcentcorp/images/tpowered.gif"> ' ;,
TITLE='IB Logo',
DESCRIPTION='Information Builders Logo',
$
June 07, 2004, 05:48 PM
susannah
hmmm.Pruitt, Is your output PDF? I'm guessing it is.
Have you experimented with your number-of-lines per-page setting?
SET LINES = 50
or so , to address your page overflow prob.
June 07, 2004, 07:05 PM
pruittlr
Suggestion #1:
Yes, it's PDF format. I tried setting the number of lines, it doesn't seem to help.

Suggestion #2:
I also put a define in a master file for the image and tried to bring it into the footing of the report heading page but all I get is the text, not the image.

I can get the image to show up as a TYPE=FOOTING; however, it doesn't display on the cover page (report heading page).

Any more suggestions?

Thanks,
Raelene
June 11, 2004, 12:30 PM
David Sibert
If this is PDF and all you want is a Cover sheet why do not just create a
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF OPEN with just the cover information, then do the report with
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF CLOSE.

David
June 11, 2004, 06:17 PM
pruittlr
I finally figured it out. I needed TYPE=TABHEADING to get the image on the cover sheet of the report.