Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Image on report heading page and footing

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Image on report heading page and footing
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am trying to put an image in the footer of a report that has a report component. I want a footer on each page, including the report header page, that contains the page number and the image. The report header page is like a cover sheet for the report.

Using an in-line stylesheet, if I put the image on TYPE=FOOTING, it works for all pages except the report header page.

This code puts it in the footing position of each page, but I can't put the footer with it because I get a blank page with the image on it on every other page in the report.

TYPE=REPORT, IMAGE=OGELOGO.GIF, POSITION=(+6.500000 +10.000000), ALT='OGE Image', $

Also, I'd really like the report header page to have only the image in the footer position with no page number. Then I'd like the page number (starting at page 1) and the image to be on the subsequent pages in the footer.

I'm not sure how to go about this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Raelene

Posts: 31 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: September 11, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this solves your problem, but try the following:

Create a DEFINE'd field in your Master file that points to the image. For example:

DEFINE IB_LOGO/A80=' ' ;,
TITLE='IB Logo',
DESCRIPTION='Information Builders Logo',
$

Then, this new field appears in your "pick list" in the report painter. Just add the field to the footer of the report and it will appear on each page.

Cheers

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. I see that the web page treated that funny. Let me try again...

(I took out the < in front of IMG )

DEFINE IB_LOGO/A80=
'IMG border="0" SRC="/ibi_html/newcentcorp/images/tpowered.gif"> ' ;,
TITLE='IB Logo',
DESCRIPTION='Information Builders Logo',
$

Expert
posted Hide Post
hmmm.Pruitt, Is your output PDF? I'm guessing it is.
Have you experimented with your number-of-lines per-page setting?
SET LINES = 50
or so , to address your page overflow prob.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Suggestion #1:
Yes, it's PDF format. I tried setting the number of lines, it doesn't seem to help.

Suggestion #2:
I also put a define in a master file for the image and tried to bring it into the footing of the report heading page but all I get is the text, not the image.

I can get the image to show up as a TYPE=FOOTING; however, it doesn't display on the cover page (report heading page).

Any more suggestions?

Thanks,
Raelene

Posts: 31 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: September 11, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If this is PDF and all you want is a Cover sheet why do not just create a
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF OPEN with just the cover information, then do the report with
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF CLOSE.

David

Posts: 117 | Location: US | Registered: February 09, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I finally figured it out. I needed TYPE=TABHEADING to get the image on the cover sheet of the report.