Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] TIMESTAMP ISSUE

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] TIMESTAMP ISSUE
 Login/Join

posted
Please find the attached excel file .
The data generated using SQL query and output as EXL07 format. I pasted one of the time field example below.

03:57:57.000 PM

When we press f2 function key it changed as below in Excel file

57:57.0

The output should not change.Is there any possible to do that in webfocus ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

webfocus 8105,Windows 7 Enterprise

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We could help you a lot faster if you could describe the problem and provide an example of code. I can't download files to my machine so I've no idea what you're running into.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
To "avoid" Excel doing its automatic reformat when it find data that looks like a predefined format such as date, time, number, etc, you may need to sent your data in an Excel Template (where you will have preformatted the columns) instead of a regular Excel file. You may also need to use Excel Macro Template.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't want to use excel template .There are 8 reports like this and I can't create excel template for all the 8. Is there any possible to set the date format as custom 'hh:mm:ss.000 AM/PM' in excel using webfocus command

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Other than using an Excel Template, the only thing I can think of to "avoid" Excel doing its normal behavior it's the add a single quote at the beginning of the field string.
That way it will force Excel to consider the string as a text string and don't perform any formatting on the column data.

DEFINE FILE CAR
TXT_TIME /A15 = '''' || '03:57:57:00 PM';
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT TXT_TIME
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
WHERE READLIMIT   EQ 1;
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 1;
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX
END

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.Its working. But I can see the single quote before the Timing which should not display.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:

But I can see the single quote before the Timing

It is a string and because the quote haven't been entered IN Excel, Excel only know to not perform anything with that column data. So it keep the quote displayed.

It will be displayed until you edit the cell and press enter or have a macro to do it for you or use a Template to export your data in (this option avoiding the use of the single quote).

WF will not overwrite or bypass the MS-Excel functionalities such as reformatting the cells. Once you are opening the Excel file this is now MS-Excel that takes control of the data and perform what this application is build to. WF is out of scope at that step.

The way to "bypass" some of these functionalities is to use an Excel Template. The same Template can be used by several reports while these reports have similar format that can match the Template.

In Focus since 2007