Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Use different authentification in Managed Reporting (MRE) at the same time

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Use different authentification in Managed Reporting (MRE) at the same time
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hello there,

is it possible to use different authentification methods at the same time in Managed Reporting?

All users exist in Managed Reporting.

Primary authentification is LDAP.

Some of our users want to run WebFOCUS reports directly from SAP without signing on to WebFOCUS again.

Is there any possibility to use both of these methods?

Kind regards,

Stefan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 7.6.9
PMF 5.1.3
BID 7.6.9

Win XP
HTML, PDF, Excel, PowerPoint

Posts: 69 | Location: Germany | Registered: September 21, 2009Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We bypass this issue in a few ways. One method is to create a public dashboard for reports that can be ran without loging on first. The problem with this of course is that everyone that has access to webfocus can run these reports.

Another is that these reports are created on the report server and ran outside of MRE the security is take care of by the portal that was developed by the application area.

And Third we are implementing Single sign on so that managed reporting will pick up the id the person used to log in to their workstation for authentication and authorization. However this does involve software from a 3rd party.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Stefan,
If the credentials are the same between SAP and WebFOCUS you could trigger a WebFOCUS or Dashboard sign-on via an AJAX call behind the scenes at the same time the user logs into SAP. Otherwise you have to do some type of integration.

The following document outlines some of the considerations and the general process flow I've seen people use when doing integrations like this:

http://techsupport.information...om/sps/60692526.html

It doesn't apply 100% to your situation, but it might give you some ideas.

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi there,

thanks for your ideas. Kinda interesting to read, it helps me to specify my problem a little bit more detailed:

I want to use External AND Trusted Authentication at the same time.

This means, that MR shouldn't care if I use External Authentication (like LDAP) or if I use a Logon-Ticket or something like that.

I was hoping that there would be something like an out-of-the-box solution for this.

Kind regards,

Stefan

WF 7.6.9
PMF 5.1.3
BID 7.6.9

Win XP
HTML, PDF, Excel, PowerPoint

Posts: 69 | Location: Germany | Registered: September 21, 2009Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
At this point in time WebFOCUS only supports a single mode of authentication.

This gives you two options to stay within that framework:
1) Have two WebFOCUS Clients with different security configurations. (Requires two WF Client licenses)

2) Have two different web-server tier's that have different options for setting REMOTE_USER, both web-tier's pointing to the same WebFOCUS Client.

e.g. Have IIS as one entry point where REMOTE_USER is populated by the IWA security against AD, and have your custom software be another entry point that also populates REMOTE_USER based off of the authentication it does, and sends the user directly to Tomcat

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post