Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Jakarta Isapi Redirector isues in Webfocus 7.6.4

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Jakarta Isapi Redirector isues in Webfocus 7.6.4
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hey everyone, we are experiencing issues when trying to get IIS to work with the Jakarta Isapi Redirector. I have tested Tomcat on http://localhost:8080/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=car2 which returns the record set i am looking for. When i take the port out and just try using the server I then get the page cannot be displayed. I have exhausted myself reading through the manual as well as other forums out there on configuring the tomcat connector in IIS. I was hoping someone can offer me suggestions or help.

thanks in advance

--------------------------------------------
WF 5.33 (Windows Server 2003)

WF 7.6.10 /IIS 6/ JBoss Enterprise 4.3
Windows XP SP 2/Windows 2003 Server
MVS 7.3.3

Posts: 76 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: August 30, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Is this the new installation? Do you have ServletExec on your machine? If you have ServletExec, uninstall it.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Kamesh might be right on this one I had a similar problem due to new atlanta intercepting the redirect.

This was all documented and other stuff when I made a diaries on the forum of my install. Search on hammo1j and (762 or 7.6.2) for info.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
We are installing 7.64 as a brand new install on a virtual server to make sure we can test and get everything working before we roll out to our other servers. I uninstalled the new atlanta (servletexec). Then I went through and followed hammo1j steps which seemed to help me out a great deal configuring IIS (thanks for posting that). I just cannot get the servlet to work on the server without calling apache. If i go to http://localhost/ibi_apps/about.jsp I am getting a page cannot be found. When i add the localhost:8080 it works great. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys

-------------------
WF: 5.33 /7.64 virtual (windows 2003 server)
desktop: XP/Office 2003

MVS 7.3.3

Posts: 76 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: August 30, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Recheck these steps.

Configuring IIS to Use the Tomcat Connector (Plug-In) see 7.61 installation manual p128.

A. Checks out it's installed in:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi R
edirector\1.0

B. Set up IIS aliases (virtual directories) need to be set up for IIS Web site electra:76

Directory containing Managed
Reporting and other front-end
components.
/ibi_html = drive:\wf76\ibi\WebFOCUS76\ibi_html
Read and execute permissions appears as wheel

Directory for accessing self-service
WebFOCUS applications.
/approot = drive:\ibi\apps
Read only permissions appears like a ball.

Directory of the Tomcat Connector.
This is needed when using Tomcat
with IIS.

/jakarta = C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\bin NB no end \
Read, scripts and execute permissions appears as wheel

C. The following file is added to the electra:76 Web site as an ISAPI Filter:

jakarta = C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\bin\isapi_redirect.dll

Click on Properties of web site (NOT of IIS) and look under ISAPI filters. NB when you add it, it does not appear with a green pointer. It requires a restart of the IIS service to sort this out.

D. Add the following lines so redirection works as in 7.1

to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\conf\uriworkermap.properties

/ibi_apps=ajp13w
/rcaster=ajp13w

E. On Windows 2003 Server, you must create a Web Services Extension for the Tomcat
Connector.

1. Open the Internet Services Manager. You can access this from the Start menu by
selecting Start, then Run, and entering the following:
inetmgr
The Internet Information Services window appears when you hit Enter.
2. Expand your hostname on the left, right-click Web Service Extensions, andselect Add a
new Web service extension.
3. In the Extension name field, enter:
jakarta
4. Check Set extension status to allow.
5. Click Add and browse to select the isapi_redirector.dll file. For example:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\bin\isapi_redirect.dll
6. Click Open and then OK to close windows and return to the main Internet Services
Manager window.
7. Ensure the Jakarta-Tomcat Web service extension's status is set to allow.
8. Restart IIS.
Reference:

F. The following filter is deleted from electra MACHINE as an ISAPI Filter:

ServletExec = c:\InetPUb\Scripts\ServletExec_ISAPI.dll

Click on Properties of web site (NOT of IIS) and look under ISAPI filters.

If the ISAPI filter is on the machine it will be applied before any filters on the Website. Thus all websites will redirect to the atlanta servlet! This is the key to running the atlanta servlet and apache together.

G. The following file is added to the electra:80 Web site (existing 71 install) as an ISAPI Filter:

Click on Properties of web site (NOT of IIS) and look under ISAPI filters. NB when you add it, it does not appear with a green pointer. It requires a restart of the IIS service to sort this out.

H. The following file is added to the electra-ext:80 Web site (existing 71 install) as an ISAPI Filter:

I. Use test page of http://electra(:76)/ibi_apps/about.jsp to confirm everything is ok on both 71 and 76 sites.

Next copy of config files and configuration of MRE.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Make sure you followed these steps.

1. When it asks for the Host Header Name give your website name . By default it will show yourservername.
2. When it asks for JDBC jar files, add msutil.jar, mssqlserver.jar and msbase.jar from the path C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC\lib.
3. Settings  Control Panel  System  Environment Variables  set Java_Home = C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12, Path=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12\jre\bin
(Java version - based on your requirement)
4. Add ISAPI Filter to your website if it didn't have.
a) Go to properties and select ISAPI filter  Name: jakarta and Path: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\bin\isapi_redirect.dll
5. Check for Jakarta in Webservice extension in IIS. If not, then click add a Webservice extension and enter jakarta and the path will be C:\Program
Files\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\bin\isapi_redirect.dll.
This one you have to do when you are installing the Webfocus software on
Windows 2003 server.

Note: When we install WebFocus Client, it will ask us to select whether we want to configure IIS and Tomcat. Click yes there and disable the ServletExec configuration.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I had similar issues, and tried installing and uninstalling multiple times. I finally asked a co-worker for help, and also spent a couple of hours on the phone with IBI tech support. It was determined that the versions were not in sync. Apache Tomcat that was loaded with 7.6.4 is version 5.5.25. My co-worker downloaded the isapi_redirector.dll file, version 1.2.25.0, from the Apache website and copied it to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\bin. He then made sure everything else was correct according to Ch. 5 of the installation guide, Configuring Web and Application Servers.
And the IBI guy said to make sure java 1.6.0_03 was installed and showed up in the registry. After doing all that, it finally worked.

7.6.11 on Win 2003/IIS 6/Apache Tomcat 5.5 - MRE, ReportCaster
Reporting Server z/OS 1.11, PDS Unified
Excel, PDF, HTML

Gold member
posted Hide Post
thanks to everyone who posted the information. I finally retraced the steps and got it working.

--------------------------
WF: 5.33 /7.64 virtual (windows 2003 server)
desktop: XP/Office 2003/7.64

MVS 7.3.3