Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Chaining Parameters and ALL option

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Chaining Parameters and ALL option
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have a simple launch page that includes two listbox controls. The 1st listbox is populated with a list of Parent Offices and the 2nd with Child offices. I have chained these listboxes together and both include the option to select . The chain appears to work in that when I run the launch page and select Parent Customer A from listbox 1 the 2nd listbox populates with all the Child Offices of Parent A. My issue is with the ALL that appears in the 2nd listbox. If I have selected Parent A from the 1st listbox and ALL from the 2nd my expectation is that this would return me ALL the child offices of Parent A. The actual behavior I am seeing is that this returns ALL children regardless of Parent as if this ALL in the 2nd listbox overrides the Parent selection. Is there some additional parameter I need to have selected to make the ALL in the 2nd listbox only apply to the specific children of the select Parent?

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bcook278,

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
WebFOCUS Client and Server running on RedHat Linux, Developer Studio on Windows XP
All output formats

Expert
posted Hide Post
Bob,

Without actually creating a launch page like yours and then testing it, I have a possible reason why you're seeing this behaviour. If "this returns ALL children regardless of Parent as if this ALL in the 2nd listbox overrides the Parent selection" is occurring in the fex that is launched by the launch page, it's perhaps because the two related selection criteria are in one WHERE and the "ALL" option (translated to "FOC_NONE") disables both selection criteria. Try two separate WHERE statements. This is a wild guess.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That would be my not-so-wild guess as well. I've answered that one MANY times for my users.

The resolution to your problem lies in the construction of your WHERE statement. Either the FOC_NONE issue has bitten you and you need to simplify your WHERE statement, or you've got your parameters switched up and are passing the child value to the parent selection.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
[SOLVED] It was definately an issue with everything being within a single WHERE statement. Once I seperated this out everything was working as intended. Thanks for the assist.

Bob C

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
WebFOCUS Client and Server running on RedHat Linux, Developer Studio on Windows XP
All output formats

Expert
posted Hide Post
Nice to know the guess wasn't wild at all.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post