Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Creating a dynamic link for a WebFOCUS .fex or .html file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Creating a dynamic link for a WebFOCUS .fex or .html file
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am working on an guided ad-hoc page. Currently, we have a Save Selection button that does exactly what you would expect (it saves the selection). However, I would to add an Open Selection functionality to this page as well. I think I have figured out the concept, but I haven't figured out how to implement it.

Here's some background as to why I'm trying to do this. We have a tabbed website for our BI users. Tab 2 contains all of our Guided AdHoc webpages that load into a frame when the corresponding menu item is selected. The AdHoc pages are separate webpages that are referenced through this main site. When a user saves a query from this page, it gets saved in the content section. Currently, the only way to load a saved selection is to go to the content tree, browse to where that save_selection.html file was saved, and launch it. This opens up a new window and now the user has left the website. What I want to do is include a way within the AdHoc page (which is loaded into the main site) to load a list of save_selections modified or accessed by that user and then reload the AdHoc page with this save_selection.

High level summary in a lot fewer sentences: From within my Guided AdHoc HTML page, I want to be able to load a save_selection.html file.

Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8007

Guru
posted Hide Post
I am right with you on this. I would like to know if there is a way to do this as well. It would make it a cleaner look. It's almost like you could set the target or have some sort of setting that would set it for you already.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<script type=text/javascript>
if(!window.parent.opener) {
window.parent.opener = window.open("", "composerSaveParameters","left=10000,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no");
window.parent.opener.blur();}
if(window.parent.opener)
window.parent.opener.savedValues=[];
function OnLoad() {
if(window.parent.opener) {
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_126=1");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_123=1");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_125=1");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_124=1");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_74=1");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_130=All");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_121=1");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_120=1");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_172=09/29/2014");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_7=09/29/2014");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_111=09/29/2014-09/29/2014");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_21=1");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_97=0");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_129=20");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_119=1");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_132=0");
window.parent.opener.savedValues.push("compUid_122=1");
}
document.forms.temp.submit(); }
</script>
</HEAD>
<BODY onload="OnLoad()">
<FORM name="temp" method="get" action="/ibi_apps/WFServlet">
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBIMR_savedParamFile" value="IBIMR_savedParamFile"/>
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBFS1_action" value="RUNFEX"/>
<INPUT type="hidden" name="IBFS_path" value="/WFC/Repository/MBA_Content/Reports/mkt_basket_html.html"/>
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>  

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Master
posted Hide Post
have you thought about creating a folder called something like "saved content" and telling the users to always save them their. then in the portal you have a 2 column layout on the left add a webfocus resource which is the save folder on the right add the guided ad-hoc page. also set the left to launch the content into the right panel. You can also setup security to only allow the users to save content in the save content folder.

Scott

Master
posted Hide Post
MattC set the launch target to the panel in the right column for the layout page. if you did not add a panel the add one.

Scott

Master
posted Hide Post
Sorry, its actually called run location and you point it to a panel

Scott

Guru
posted Hide Post
That HTML is created when using the Save button. How would I set that every time something is saved?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Master
posted Hide Post
in the portal just on the resource

Scott

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasStingray:
have you thought about creating a folder called something like "saved content" and telling the users to always save them their. then in the portal you have a 2 column layout on the left add a webfocus resource which is the save folder on the right add the guided ad-hoc page. also set the left to launch the content into the right panel. You can also setup security to only allow the users to save content in the save content folder.

I like where you are going with this concept. How do I add the webfocus resource (the "saved content" folder) to the portal (this is an HTML document, mind you, not a BI Portal)? What I imagine I need to figure out is how to extract the list of saved html files from the system (possibly by querying the WebFOCUS Repository) and then dynamically assigning a link to that file. If I can do this, then I can launch a window that allows users to select a saved file. I'm also not sure how to construct the URL for the saved html file. I'd be surprised if I was the only person to ever try to launch a saved page from within the AdHoc window itself.

WebFOCUS 8007

Guru
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the exact syntax for the "My Content" area, but to call a fex directly form outside the Content area I use the following:

http://myserver/ibi_apps/views.bip?BIP_REQUEST_TYPE=BIP_RUN&BIP_folder=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Sales/Monthly&BIP_item=monthly_totals.fex®ion=VIC&SALES_ID=Smith

In this example the FEX monthly_totals is in the SubFolder "Monthly" of the "Sales" folder.

Hope this helps

Regards

Stu

The BIP_folder can also be changed to point to reports in the APP folder on the Reporting Server using IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/appfolder

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasStingray:
in the portal just on the resource

I am not following what you are saying? Can you explain a bit further?

In my pic above, if I add a second panel to the Saved Reports page and show my content like you see, how would I get test_matt to open in that second panel, instead of a new window?

That's where my confusion is.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StuBouyer:
Not sure about the exact syntax for the "My Content" area, but to call a fex directly form outside the Content area I use the following:

http://myserver/ibi_apps/views.bip?BIP_REQUEST_TYPE=BIP_RUN&BIP_folder=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Sales/Monthly&BIP_item=monthly_totals.fex®ion=VIC&SALES_ID=Smith

In this example the FEX monthly_totals is in the SubFolder "Monthly" of the "Sales" folder.

Hope this helps

Regards

Stu

The BIP_folder can also be changed to point to reports in the APP folder on the Reporting Server using IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/appfolder

This really helped me out. See this thread for what I did upon reading this post.

WebFOCUS 8007