Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Sample Code in the IBI Manuals

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Sample Code in the IBI Manuals
 Login/Join

posted
I copied this code straight from the ebook to use on the demo database that is provided with Report Studio. I put it in a procedure (fex) and tried to run it and got this error. First the code:

-This procedure reports on Inventory
-by state, storename and product name.
TABLE FILE CENTORD
SUM QTY_IN_STOCK BY STATE BY STORENAME BY PRODNAME
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"Inventory Report"
WHERE STATE EQ '&STATE'
WHERE STORENAME EQ '&STORENAME'
WHERE PRODNAME EQ '&PRODNAME'
END

The error (FO205) THE DESCRIPTION CANNOT BE FOUND FOR FILE NAMED" CENTORD
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? I WOULD THINK AN EXAMPLE FROM THEIR BOOK SHOULD RUN ON THEIR DATABASE.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7.6.6
Solaris 10 Sparc 64bit

Expert
posted Hide Post
When WebFOCUS was installed, was the standard demo installed? It ususally goes in a directory called ibinccen.

If that was done, is this directory name in the global path, i.e. edasprof.prf. Or if the directory exists and it is not in edasprof.prf, you can put an APP PREPENDPATH ibinccen statement at the beginning of your focexec.

If the directory doesn't exist, you will have to talk to the person who did the installation to get the demo directories created. At my shop which is also a Unix shop, I am the installer and I always make sure that the demo directories exist and are available to everyone.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I would suggest to create a project in EDA and call that "training" now create the proper path for this project to the training masters as Ginny pointed out.

Build several fexes as this one in the training folder.

maybe read the manual first on how to do this, or get some training from IBI

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
As Ginny says it's about the APP PATH in edasprof.prf

By default ibinccen (or the language variant) are not added to the PATH.
The options are as stated, either add it to the path in edasprof or use
APP PREPENDPATH/APPENDPATH

Also by default the demo datasources are not loaded so you will need to run the load job.

It's all documented in the installation manual.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi

Most probably the file centord.mas is missing.
That has happened with me too.

Indrani

Master
posted Hide Post
The responses above have told you how to fix the problem, but none of them told you what the error message means. In short it means the program can not find your master file description.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
As CENTORD exists in the IBINCCEN app directory, I don't believe it is part of the default app path.

Check and see if the IBINCCEN directory exists, and CENTORD mas and foc files are in it.

Add APP PATH IBINCCEN before the report

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post