Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Default setting for the Radio Button in InfoAssist 8.1

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Default setting for the Radio Button in InfoAssist 8.1
 Login/Join

posted
I tried to sort the radio button so that the current year show up on top but I can't figure how to do that in Info Assist. So my next move is to set the default for 2017 for the Radio button. Is there another technique to handle this in Info Assist? It's a very simple concept and I hope I am missing something obvious.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do you have an example of how you're trying to do this? It's not clear what radio buttons in InfoAssist you're trying to use.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am actually using the Radio Button in Active Dashboard. The Radio button allows me to select the FY and populate other report/charts on the same Dashboard. I tried sorting in descending so that 2017 is on top (therefore by default), that didn't work. Some other BI tools have option to set the default value for an object. I can't find any option to do that in InfoAssist but hope there is another way to set the default or to sort the value in the Radio button object.
Thanks

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what version of 8.x you're running, but in my 8.201 UI, when I add the Radio Button to the Active Document, there's a check box that let's you pick the sort order of the values.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We are on 8.0 but currently testing 8.105.
I guess I would have to wait until we get 8.201. Yike.
Thanks for your help.

quote:
Originally posted by BabakNYC:
I'm not sure what version of 8.x you're running, but in my 8.201 UI, when I add the Radio Button to the Active Document, there's a check box that let's you pick the sort order of the values.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs