Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Authentication Failed - Reportcaster Error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Authentication Failed - Reportcaster Error
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hi,
When I try to open a reportcaster console, getting "Authentication Failed" error. But this works in other machine. I have problem only in my machine. Did anybody faced this error?
I'm not sure, what causes this error?

Any thoughts,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Nevermind, I found the problem.

The problem was Reportcaster 533 wont support newer version of java (jre1.5_07). It supports jre1.5.06 but not jre1.5.07. When I uninstall the new one and install the old one it works.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am using ReportCaster 7.6 with Java 6 Update 20 and seems I am having the same problem. When login into ReportCaster is fine but try to open the log "Run Log" from a scheduled job, it opens a window but instead of displaying the log, displays "Authentication failed."

I uninstalled Java completed because I don't have a previous version, and the log windows displays, until I rebooted the comptuer and now when I log into ReportCaster, I only get a box with a red x. Guess I absolutely need Java to use ReportCaster but the proper version to view the log. Has this issue been fixed in another way? How can you get version jre1.5.06?

Thanks,

WebFOCUS 769
Windows 2003 SP2
Tomcat app server
Excel, HTML, PDF

Posts: 17 | Location: Montreal | Registered: March 05, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You cannot use anything higher than update 6 and update 3 is installed with Developer Studio. If you have DS, you could uninstall it and Java and reinstall.

Otherwise, go to the Sun site and look for a back version to download. You will get lots of warnings but it can be done.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Actually, I have update 12 installed and it works OK. One thing that I HAVE notice as I've progressed through the jre releases is that sometimes they're brokern, then they work, then they're broken again (no surprise.) But the common problem has been doing an update as opposed to a fresh install of the JRE. First thing I try when testing a new version and finding problem is completely uninstalling all previously installed versions of the JRE/JDK and then doing a fresh install. This usually solves the problem (but not always). In fact, if I remember correctly I had this problem with the version 12 I have now.

I opened a case on this and IBI's official response is to go back to the "certified" version that came with the release. However they do keep track of reported issues with further versions for their own future reference.

If you don't have ANYTHING else that needs a newer version of the JRE (right!), you can go back to the old one (and remember to turn of the automatic updater!) We do a lot of our own in-house Java development using the latest versions so using a version that old is sometimes not an option.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So I've uninstalled Java 6 Update 20 and installed Java 5 Update 22 (latest version for 5) and works now.

Still funny that my collegue has Java 6 update 20 and it's working fine.

WebFOCUS 769
Windows 2003 SP2
Tomcat app server
Excel, HTML, PDF

Posts: 17 | Location: Montreal | Registered: March 05, 2009Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
There is a customer alert going out today on this (delayed due to too many editors!). Anyway, in java version 19 Sun decided it was a violation for an APPLET to open another browser instance. We view the log using that method in Development & Admin interface. The end-user interfaces and the ReportCaster console do not have this issue.

We've also seen some variations on the behavior depending on IE level.

In any event, Customer Support has a solution available for the applet that does not use a secondary browser.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You cannot use anything higher than update 6 and update 3 is installed with Developer Studio. If you have DS, you could uninstall it and Java and reinstall.

Please let me know if Java 1.7 is compatible with webfocus 7611.Our current version of webfocus and reportcaster is 7611 and we are using java 1.6.0 on our webfocus servers and java 1.632(Version 6 update 32) on our local machine.Everything works fine.Now we are asked to upgrdae for java to version 1.7.I am not able to access Webfocus applet and Reportcaster with this new version.Is this a java version issue...Please help

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 10 | Registered: September 14, 2011Report This Post