Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     MRE Reports and webquery in Excel

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
MRE Reports and webquery in Excel
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi

Some users in my organization developped their own reports and as they are familiar with Excel and its feature to pull data using web query they would to use it to launch this report and get data directly in Excel.
Could you please help me and tell me what kind of information I should put in and HTML file to make them bypass the login page to MRE and run the report.

Any example or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If things are in MRE, you probably shouldn't be trying to "bypass" the login. MRE holds reports and objects in a (somewhat) secure user-based environment so that only authorized users get to the reports and objects they have been given access to. If they are creating their own queries, this is the completey wrong approach. If they are just running report (dynamic prompting or launch pages) you want to look into some "self-service" reporting.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Lee,

First of all thanks for you reply.
I agree we should not bypass the MRE authentication process.
But What I would like to achieve is to create an HTML launcher for those reports that will include all the parameters to authenticate to MRE and also to locate the domain and the fex file to run.
Do you think it is possible?

Thanks in advance.

WebFocus 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
This is an example URL that calls MRE program bid1.fex in Standard Reports folder Test in Domain francism:

http://server-name/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_action=MR_RUN_FEX&IBIMR_sub_action=MR_STD_REPORT&IBIMR_fex=app/bid1&IBIMR_folder=#testyrsaxhlg&IBIMR_domain=francism/francism.htm&IBIMR_Random=34343434&IBIMR_user=fmariani&IBIMR_pass=password

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
read this article
and/or
read the chapter in the manual on webqueries.
What version are you running (update your signature please); the new 76 has a webquery addin to excel so your users can build their own queries directly from excel.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Susannah,

Thanks for your help.

We are using Webfocus 7.6.1.

Where can find the webquery addin?.

Regards.

WebFocus 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
i wish i could tell you, Majid, but i don't know. its an 'extra cost' item, and i just saw it demonstrated at Users Group in nyc. Its a little button appearing in excel itself which opens up Report Assist. Pretty fabulously cool. So you should call your sales person and find out if you bought it. It comes in dev studio for free, i'm told, so that you can experiment.

You can, now, build a single query yourself starting from excel..there's a chapter in the manuals on that, even the version 5 manuals. You could build one for your users, and distribute that excel sheet. But this new feature lets them build their own.
Also, update your profile signature here on the point to include your system info.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tech Memo (TM4649) is the appropriate reference to configure and use the Quick Data add-in. It is included in Dev Studio but requires a license for wide use.

WF 7703M, XP/Win7, MRE, RC, BID, PMF, HTML, PDF, Excel 2000/7/10

Posts: 73 | Location: NY | Registered: February 06, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions.

We are using webfocus 7.6.1 and I tried to run the URL sent by Francis after customizing it. But I got the following message:

Cannot execute the request. Please log into Managed Reporting.

The IBIMR_user is set correctly and also the IBIMR_pass.

Also I did the following:

I created a domain called francism with Standard Reports folder Test and fex file called bid1.fex and I am still getting :

If I succeed to run the fex file this way, I think this is what my users are looking for.

Thnaks to all of you.

WebFocus 7.6.5

posted Hide Post
quote:

The IBIMR_user is set correctly and also the IBIMR_pass.

Majid Jeddi,
I was having the same issue today with the same error message. You need to add &IBIMR_drill=RUNNID in addition to the user and pass values.

Dev- WF 7.68 on Windows Server 2003: DB2, SQL Server 2K, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Anaysis Services 2005.
Test- WF 7.67 on Windows Server 2003: DB2, SQL Server 2K, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Anaysis Services 2005.
Prod - Dev- WF 7.65 on Windows Server 2003: DB2, SQL Server 2K, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Anaysis Services 2005

posted Hide Post
Here is the post where I found my informationhttps://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...811098331#6811098331

Dev- WF 7.68 on Windows Server 2003: DB2, SQL Server 2K, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Anaysis Services 2005.
Test- WF 7.67 on Windows Server 2003: DB2, SQL Server 2K, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Anaysis Services 2005.
Prod - Dev- WF 7.65 on Windows Server 2003: DB2, SQL Server 2K, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Anaysis Services 2005

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Nick,

This works perfectly. But I am having another issue: By removing the user and the password from the URL i was surprised to see myself able to run this URL from another machine and having data. This rise a security issue. doesn't it?
Do you have an idea why i am not asked to enter a login and a password?

WebFocus 7.6.5