Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Dynamic Graph Title
 Login/Join

<wf newbie>
posted
I have a graph that is accepting an ID number as the parameter to create the graph. There is also a description column in the table associated to that number. How do I get the description to appear dynamically since only the ID is passed as a parameter. Any help is appreciated.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
One of many ways is to use an external decode -

APP FI GRPHTTLE DISK anthony/grphdecode.txt
DEFINE FILE MYDATA
GRAPHNO/I1 = &GrphNo;
GRAPHTITLE/A50 = DECODE GRAPHNO(GRPHTTLE ELSE 'No Title');
END

and then use GRAPHTITLE in your HEADING

Or if you are using the associated file ivia a JOIN you can reference the column directly.

Many other ways and I'm sure you will be inundated with them very soon, but the final solution will always depend upon the data available to you at run time (i.e. files in joins etc.)

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi wf newbie,

Has this issue regarding dynamic graph title been resolved? Did Tony's suggestion help you?

The following topics from Information Builder's online documentations may be of your interest.

How to pass variable in a graph title?
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/62761025.html

WebFOCUS: How to substitute data values in Title of Graph?
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/61311039.html

You will need to have a userid and password to access these documents.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Big Grin

Kerry

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post