Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] HTML PASSING PARAMETERS QUESTION...

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] HTML PASSING PARAMETERS QUESTION...
 Login/Join

Master
posted
When creating an HTML Page that calls fexes, is there a setting somewhere that controls if quotes are placed around amper variables passed about. I have one dashboard working fine...fexes are called, prompts are made, variables passed, graphs are rendered etc. I created another, and it appears the HTML (maybe????) is placing single quotes around each amper variable. I already have the single quotes in the fex though so now there are two sets of quotes and a nasty error.

I am not sure why its doing this?

Here is a portion of the error. My amper variable is called &SPECIALTY and when I run the report, I choose: EMERGENCY MEDICINE. I can see the value was passed but note the extra set of quotes...

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 2000 LINES= 2000
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 48 IN PROCEDURE
dshbd_visitswrvus_ttlvisitstrendFOCEXEC *
(FOC257) MISSING QUOTE MARKS: ''EMERGENCY MEDICINE''
(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Ok, not HTML issue. I copied the driver fex that does the prompting into my report fex. I get the same error. Does anyone see why I am getting an extra set of single quotes around CLINIC...which is the specialty I chose when prompted.

-*Set Defaults to allow access to Advanced Graphing tool
-DEFAULT &IDXSPECIALTY = 'FAMILY MEDICINE';
-DEFAULT &RPTBANBR = 302;
-DEFAULT &BILLPROVNAME = 'BAYLOR MD,RICHARD';

-*Driver Fex for Prompting

-SET &SPECIALTY = &IDXSPECIALTY.(OR(FIND TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.IDXSPECIALTY,TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.IDXSPECIALTY IN TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF)).Select the Desired Specialty/s.;

-SET &BANBR = &RPTBANBR.(OR(FIND TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.RPTBANBR,TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF.RPTBANBR IN TBLMSTR_BANBRBANAMEXREF)).Select the Desired Cost Center/s.;

-SET &PROVNAME = &BILLPROVNAME.(OR(FIND TBLMSTR_PROVNBRNPIRPTNAMEXREF.TBLMSTR_PROVNBRNPIRPTNAMEXREF.RPTPROVNAME,TBLMSTR_PROVNBRNPIRPTNAMEXREF.TBLMSTR_PROVNBRNPIRPTNAMEXREF.RPTPROVNAME IN TBLMSTR_PROVNBRNPIRPTNAMEXREF)).Select the Desired Billing Provider/s.;

ERROR:
. 0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 2000 LINES= 2000
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 64 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC257) MISSING QUOTE MARKS: ''CLINIC''
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 127 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 176 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 240 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
apparently its the OR condition that is messing me up...in other fexes where I have the user picking a single value it does not seem to be an issue...

Note, for the reporting fex to run I supply single quote around the amper as shown below...works fine for dropdowns w/out the OR condition...

Ex:
WHERE TBLMSTR_UNITSWRVUS.TBLMSTR_UNITSWRVUS.IDXSPECIALTY EQ '&IDXSPECIALTY';
WHERE TBLMSTR_UNITSWRVUS.TBLMSTR_UNITSWRVUS.RPTBANBR EQ &RPTBANBR
WHERE TBLMSTR_UNITSWRVUS.TBLMSTR_UNITSWRVUS.BILLPROVNM EQ '&BILLPROVNAME';

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
*************CLOSED

I think I found my answer...not happy about it...will create a new, very specific post.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs