Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Report Caster Unable to recognize files

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Report Caster Unable to recognize files
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi all
I have a few fex files in an MRE domain under a group. These files have been named as 001_<...>, 002_<...>, etc.
When I'm trying to create a schedule in Report Caster for these fexes, I'm getting the following error:
"The Procedure Referenced Cannot Be Found".
This happens when I try to select the file file from Report Caster Tasks>Standard Report> My Domain. It comes in the form of a pop-up message even when I see all my fex files in the list !
The error is not encountered for all fexes. For some, Report Caster lets me choose the fex files. I'm facing this issue for the first time - is there a limitation on scheduling through MRE?
I also tried renaming the fex files outside of MRE and copying them back - no help !

Please suggest pointers on how to go about this issue.

Thanks
Syed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Syed,

Using WF 7.1.7/Dev Studio

Posts: 189 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Syed..
To add any procedure to the schedule from MRE, we
need to ensure that first procedure should run without any error in the MRE itself.
If you are adding any INCLUDE statement (-INCLUDE somefile.Fex) in that procedure.Then this name should be correctly specified.

Hopes this help...

WebFocus7.6.2, WebFocus 7.1.1,Windows
HTML, PDF and Excel

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Spot on Anmol !
I wasn't aware of this fact.. There was a fex file that I was including this my schedule-fex which was not present in the same folder. I would have expected this to be a run time error when the schedule was triggered. However, as you mentioned, Report Caster tries to execute the fex file while scheduling from MRE.

Thanks for clarifying...I'm all set now.

Regards
Syed

Using WF 7.1.7/Dev Studio

Posts: 189 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post