Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Default Connection ... with Table File?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Default Connection ... with Table File?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I know you can set or override a default connection with SQL passthru, but is there a way to do essentially the same thing with a TABLE FILE request? I'm not seeing anything documented. Thanks much for any insight.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Posts: 52 | Location: Merrimack, NH | Registered: August 17, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Deborah,

APP PREPENDPATH foldername places that foldername at the beginning of the path, modifying the WebFOCUS PATH set in EDASPROF.prf

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reponse, and so quickly! Does this also apply when I need to reference a different server though?

Posts: 52 | Location: Merrimack, NH | Registered: August 17, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Deborah,

No, that is APP MAP servername/path; we usually place that in EDASPROF.prf so it is automaticalyy added to the PATH...

Here's an ecxample:

APP MAP DDNAME "//servername/path1/path2/etc"

Tom

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Deborah,

Are you looking to override the CONNECTION attribute in the ACX file for an MFD?

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks. This would actually be the connection specified in the ACX file. We routinely override this in a SQL Passthru statement with "ENGINE SQLSYB SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION servername" but I have an app where the I need to change this for some TABLE FILE requests. I can change the ACX files, I just thought that it would be easier to do it on the report side, if it is doable anyway.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Deborah,

I think if you remove the CONNECTION attribute from the ACX file it will use the DEFAULT database. I think. I'm not sure. This of course would require issuing the ENGINE statement all the time sinc the ACX would not tell it what to use.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Deborah,

We usually put the acx and mas into a different folder for a different server and use APP PREPENDPATH to access that table...

Tom

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Deborah,
I have a similar situation where I have more than one connection to access different databases. For example:
ENGINE SQLMSS SET CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES ABC ...
ENGINE SQLMSS SET CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES DEF ...
ENGINE SQLMSS SET CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES XYZ ...

The default connection is the first one.
In order to access another database through the second connection I use in my FOCEXEC the following:
SQL SQLMSS SET SERVER DEF
Of course DEF could be a parameter.
Does this help?

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks. It perhaps helps, but this looks like code you would use with a SQL statement, not a TABLE FILE statement. I'll try it though. Thanks again.

<JJI>
posted
Deborah,
quote:

This statement is indeed no statement that you should use in TABLE FILE code. You should use it just before the TABLE FILE code, to set the connection that has to be used for the code that follows. Hope this helps,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <JJI>,

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Deborah and JJI,

Correct!
has to be issued prior any TABLE request which wants to access the database connected by DEF.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I ended up just using SQL Passthru to gather the data first. Thanks for the help!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I was looking for a solution to this same problem, but the suggested statement didn't change anything.
In our case, I used:
SQL SQLORA SET SERVER OracleUnilabTst

Instead, I copied the ENGINE SQLORA SET CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES statement relevant to the database to query over from the edasprof.prf file and adjusted it to so that the name was that of the database to override. I put that line before the first TABLE request in our procedure.

For example:
ENGINE SQLORA SET CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES AdapterName TNS_NAME/USERNAME,1234567890ABCDEF1234567890ABCDEF

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post