Focal Point
[CLOSED] Reg sorting on individual page.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/622103135

September 20, 2010, 03:31 PM
swati
[CLOSED] Reg sorting on individual page.
Hia ll,
i have a report with some 1000 records and the report has 10 fields,on 4 fields out of 10 i can do sorting either ASCENDING OR DESCENDING.
each page has 10 records,so total of 100 pages.my question is that if i go to page 2 which has record 11-20,and do sorting on a field.i am going into the page 1.all i need is sorting of the records of page 2 only similarly to the particular pages only.But my sorting is happening for 1- 10 records only for what ever page i pick.

please advise.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

windows
PDF,EXCEL.
September 28, 2010, 02:57 PM
Kerry
Hi Swati,

Can you please provide some more details? For example, is this an AHTML report, or something else? Do you have a code example to share?

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
September 28, 2010, 04:01 PM
GinnyJakes
Swati, you may need to add an extra sort field per page as an outer sort. You'd have to restrict what you put on each page. Then add a dummy sort field to which you would assign the value of the item from the page you want to sort and maybe spaces for the other pages. I can see it in my mind. You will need to be creative and play with it a bit. And start small, with 2 sort fields to start till you get your technique down. Sounds like a fun project.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google