Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     change trend line thickness

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
change trend line thickness
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to change the thickness of the line created using the API call "setCurveFitType"? I'm making very small bar graphs and the trend lines are just too thick and I'd like to resize them relative to the graph sizes.

Thanks,

Norb

prod:7.6.9, win2k3 mre, caster, bid, devstudio 7.6.9

Posts: 242 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: February 16, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Norb,

I think it is setLineWidth(getSeries ... blah blah) or something very similar.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,

I tried the "setLineWidth()" but the series appears to refer to the bars of the graph and not the trend line. I can't figure out how to get to the trend line itself. I'd like to color it also.

Thanks,

Norb

Posts: 242 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: February 16, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
maybe you can combine the setLineWidth(getCurveFitType) to get what you want.

Do you have the proper documentation? WF713Graph.pdf

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Frank,

Yep - I tried experimenting with your suggestion and had no luck. I do have the API docs as well. They are certainly helpful. I'm gonna open a case and see what IB says.

Thanks,

Norb

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Else you can change the color of the lines.

Frank

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Norb,

When you say "very small bar graphs", how small do you mean (I take it you are controlling them via HAXIS and VAXIS (see sample below)? Also what output format are you using.

GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM RCOST
BY CAR
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS 200
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS 150
ON GRAPH SET HTMLCSS ON
ON GRAPH SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE *
setCurveFitType(getSeries(0), 3);
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

If you are creating the graph small as a gif then the line size if very much fixed. If you can create the gif a little larger and then reduce the size in your output format by controlling the display width and height. That way the image should resize accordingly - including the line width.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tony,

I am indeed controlling the graph size using the HAXIS, VAXIS paramters and saving the output as GIF files. I'll try your suggestion and resize them within the HTML.

Thanks,

Norb

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
For a better quality graph I would use SVG format and show them in the HTML page. Resizing keeps the quality. As GIF it does not.
See this article on Wikipedia

Frank