Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WebFOCUS Errors / Server 500 Handling

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] WebFOCUS Errors / Server 500 Handling
 Login/Join

posted
All,

I am working on a project where I need to intercept the http response code and determine if the procedure ran successfully or if there was an error. Is there a setting in WebFOCUS where this behavior can be set. I am getting a response of 200 (status ok) when calling a report where there is a missing amper variable for instance. I would prefer for this to be responded to with a status code of 5XX.

I am programmatically calling the WFServlet url with parameters a specific report needs. I don't want report failures to be sent as successes. The only way that I can think to dynamically determine success/fail is to screen scrape the response message and search for 'ERROR' or 'FOC####' or similar. This isn't a clean way to handle errors.

Can someone please offer any other solutions that they are using to determine success or fail of a WFServlet call via code? There must be some way of determining failure as Report Caster has the 'On Error' option when reports fail.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.2, Dev Studio, DB2, MySQL, self-service
Output formats: HTML, Excel 2000 and PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't advise pursuing this. A 200 is a HTTP thing, not a WF thing. I would go with your option of parsing the response, or better yet, use ReST instead of directly consuming the WFServlet. The ReST response will identify a successful or failed execution as part of the XML response object. It is predictable and will respond to the same _path expression. It will take the guess work out of it.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
dhagen,

Thanks for the reply. The Rest call seems like a better way to handle this. I have never used their services this way, but it appears that it will work well.

WF 8.2, Dev Studio, DB2, MySQL, self-service
Output formats: HTML, Excel 2000 and PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Tkuhns

There is one thing you need to be aware of. Using the REST Web Services is a separately licensed WebFOCUS component called Web Services. It will not work if that is not part of your WebFOCUS license key. You can check to see if this is licenced from the WebFOCUS Administation Console for 8.2 there is a menu option labeled Licenses / WebFOCUS client

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post