Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
FML ACCOUNT BUILD
 Login/Join

posted
I am new in using Focus/FML. I have the following data that I want to build an FML report.

Store Year Month Sales Cost Pin_Count,........

I want to make a new table look like the following.

Store

07 06 Variance
Sales
Cost
Pin_count

Anyone know how do I convert a column based table into a row based? Really appreciate your help.

Posts: 6 | Location: Memphis | Registered: April 30, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Among

First we would like you to update your signature with the version you use and other functional information (platform etc)

I'm not sure if you need to do this with FML.

An other solution can be:

DEFINE FILE SALES
YEARS07=IF YEAR EQ 2007 THEN SALES ELSE 0;
YEARS06=IF YEAR EQ 2006 THEN SALES ELSE 0;

YEARC07=IF YEAR EQ 2007 THEN COST ELSE 0;
YEARC06=IF YEAR EQ 2006 THEN COST ELSE 0;

YEARP07=IF YEAR EQ 2007 THEN PCOUNT ELSE 0;
YEARP06=IF YEAR EQ 2006 THEN PCOUNT ELSE 0;

END

TABLE FILE SALES
SUM 
YEARS07 AS '' 
YEARS06 AS '' 
COMPUTE VARS=...(whatever your formula will be) AS ''
OVER
YEARC07 AS '' 
YEARC06 AS '' 
COMPUTE VARC=...(whatever your formula will be) AS ''
OVER
YEARP07 AS '' 
YEARP06 AS '' 
COMPUTE VARP=...(whatever your formula will be) AS ''
BY STORE NOPRINT
ON STORE SUBHEAD 
"<STORE"
WHERE YEAR EQ 2007 OR 2006;
END

I'm sure there will be other solutions

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Frank. It works fine. Another Question, Where do I put the header 2007 and 2006, VAR on the top and align them?

Posts: 6 | Location: Memphis | Registered: April 30, 2007Report This Post