Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] BID - Adding Block Content

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] BID - Adding Block Content
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is it possible to have a block on the dashboard load a PDF that was not created via WF? I basically have a PDF version of a data dictionary that I want to display in a block within a BID Tab. I tried adding the network location for this PDF as a URL and then pulling the URL into the block but this gives me an error as if it's trying to launch a .fex. Is there another way (if any) that I can accomplish this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
WebFOCUS Client and Server running on RedHat Linux, Developer Studio on Windows XP
All output formats

Expert
posted Hide Post
Make the block an "Output" block and assign the URL that was added in MRE Domain Standard Reports.

This worked for me, the PDF opened, but in my case it opened in an external copy of Adobe Reader, not within the web browser because I had previously set an option to do so.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I defined the block as an output block and selected the URL but after saving this the block appears as "undefined" and when I bring up the dashboard page with this block I get this error:

Error occurred.
ERROR: ERROR_MR_CANT_OPEN_FEX Can't open file to read content.

I am able to "Run" this directly from MRE and the PDF launches normally.....just can't seem to make this work from the block.

Thanks,
Bob

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
WebFOCUS Client and Server running on RedHat Linux, Developer Studio on Windows XP
All output formats

Expert
posted Hide Post
If you paste the URL into the web browser location bar, does it display within the web browser window?

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Check this, the dashboard files for the URL request need to reside in a location
where the application server or webserver can find it such as ibi_html
directory.

One thing you can try to do is create a report with the following:

HTMLFORM BEGIN
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE BJK.PDF
-HTMLFORM END

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks CSS B.J.K.!

I never knew you could include a PDF in an HTMLFORM.

Francis