Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Portal - homepage with hyperlink to other pages

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Portal - homepage with hyperlink to other pages
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

Is there a way to have a initial page with links to other pages?

Like "home page" with links to the other pages in the portal.

Thanks,
Bruno

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.0.08
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Yup, create an html page on the home page that has hyperlinks whose targets open the other Portal tabs. You will have to look at the source to find the ids of those tabs (don't forget about parent/child frames).

Do you have to go to separate pages or can the reports display in the same page (dynamically appearing based on selection)? That is much easier.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J:
Yup, create an html page on the home page that has hyperlinks whose targets open the other Portal tabs. You will have to look at the source to find the ids of those tabs (don't forget about parent/child frames).

Do you have to go to separate pages or can the reports display in the same page (dynamically appearing based on selection)? That is much easier.

But how can I check the ids of the tab? Could you give any example.

Because I check the source and I dont know what to look for.

And if possible the example of the full hyperlink.

Thanks,
Bruno

WebFOCUS 8.0.08
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Get the firebug plugin (firefox or chrome) and dig in to find the tab ids.

You will probably have your hyperlink actually call a javascript function that will .click() on the tab with has the id you want. you will have to look up that id manually using firebug and then hardcode it in your code.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

posted Hide Post
I have the id from the tabs:
 <div style="-moz-user-select: none; white-space: nowrap; -moz-user-focus: ignore; text-align: left; left: 0px; top: 0.5px;" tabindex="-1" 
class="bi-button-label bip-navigation-button bip-elem-NB-HXXG1T4514N9EGLF52784 "
 id="NBL-HXXG1T4527FVS2V2H5043">Resumo Projecto</div>

but how can I call it?

ex: http://servername:8080/ibi_apps/portal/FirstPortal

WebFOCUS 8.0.08
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J:
You will probably have your hyperlink actually call a javascript function that will .click() on the tab with has the id you want. you will have to look up that id manually using firebug and then hardcode it in your code.

BTW the id you showed above looks like the label for the div. You may actually need the id of the div that contains that label. You will just have to try it out.

EDIT: It would probably be even better to call the containing div ID (BiHBox-129) and then get the ID from its children (1 child is first page, second child is second page, etc.) That ID looks less likely to change than the "NBL-HXXG1T4527FVS2V2H5043" and then you can re-use the same code elsewhere. Looks like you are going to get a good lesson in HTML DOM and javascript DOM methods. The alternative is to open a NFR requesting a portal API with navigation and then wait.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

posted Hide Post
I notice there is another similar issue :

*.html page call to a Tab/Page in the BIP (8.0)

And a case is created.

I was trying to do a workaround with building a page with tab container with all the pages separeted in tabs. But with that I realize a problem (or not) the security!
If I want to disable/hide a tab based on security permissions where do I do that?

Thanks.

WebFOCUS 8.0.08
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Hi,

I've been informed that this will be possible in the next version 8.1 to be released in the end of september.

Thanks.

WebFOCUS 8.0.08
Windows, All Outputs