Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Include Procedure Not Working

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Include Procedure Not Working
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am trying to include a .FEX procedure in another .FEX procedure. The included procedure is found but the code is ignored as if the procedure is skipped.

My calling procedure is LUSER.FEX:

DEFINE FILE LOGAGREE
CNTR/I4 = 1;
-INCLUDE PROJECT
END
TABLE FILE LOGAGREE
PRINT PROJNAME PROJWT PROJGIVE CNTR
BY PROJECT
IF MONTHS EQ &SELMO
END

My called procedure is PROJECT:

PROJECT/A7 = (LOGACCT|EDIT(SEQNO));

Is it possible to include a procedure in the define file section of a calling procedure?

Kent

Windows2003 Server, WebFOCUS 7.7.02 Developers Studio and MRE

Posts: 63 | Location: Ft. Wayne, IN | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Managed Reporting? Self Service? WebFOCUS Version?

Yes it is possible to include a procedure in a DEFINE. How do you know that the procedure is found? What is the error message you're getting?

I would put a -RUN after the END commands of the DEFINE and the TABLE.

If you're running the fex from within MRE, you may need -MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE PROJECT.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Kent,

Let's rule out the easiest situation first, pathing. Is the included focexec in the same directory that your source focexec is in or in the same application path?

If not, you might have to say this:

-INCLUDE DIRNAME/PROJECT

I would consider this to be a best practice anyway as it makes the include self-documenting.

If that is not the problem...

You didn't mention what release you are running but there was an issue with this way back when in 5.2.x. When you included the define, it required that it be complete. That means including the define and end statement.

Change project so that it looks like this:

DEFINE FILE LOGAGREE ADD
PROJECT/A7 = (LOGACCT|EDIT(SEQNO));
END

Then change your source program thusly:

DEFINE FILE LOGAGREE
CNTR/I4 = 1;
END
-INCLUDE DIRNAME/PROJECT
TABLE FILE LOGAGREE
PRINT PROJNAME PROJWT PROJGIVE CNTR
BY PROJECT
IF MONTHS EQ &SELMO
END

I hope that resolves your problems.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
DEFINE FILE LOGAGREE
CNTR/I4 = 1;
-INCLUDE PROJECT
END

I don't see why this wouldn't work. Have you added this to the beginning of your code?

-DEFAULT &ECHO=ALL

This will show you how the code is being resolved.

What makes you say the code is found but ignored? Error messages?

ttfn, kp

Access to most releases from R52x, on multiple platforms.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help. I have resolved the problem. Using "Echo" showed me what what was wrong.
Kent

Windows2003 Server, WebFOCUS 7.7.02 Developers Studio and MRE

Posts: 63 | Location: Ft. Wayne, IN | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post