Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [RESOLVED] Cannot include resource specified IBFS:/WFC/REPOSITORY ...

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[RESOLVED] Cannot include resource specified IBFS:/WFC/REPOSITORY ...
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi all,

I'm thinking this one should be an easy one but I'm just not seeing it.

I have two procedures, A & B.
A simply does a few queries and stores the results into variables.

B includes A and displays the variables in HTML format.

As administrator and owner of the procedures, all works fine for me.

When I try grant access to other users, I get a
quote:
Cannot include resource specified IBFS:/WFC/REPOSITORY/ ...

I figured its a simple security issue, but unless I set the users up as administrators, nothing works. I've even tried to grant the SystemFullControl role to the users and still nothing.

Interesting thing is, procedure A can be executed by the users on it's own. If I remove the
quote:
-INCLUDE
command from procedure B, users can execute that one as well.

What am I missing?? Confused

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Yazster,

WebFOCUS 8.201M
Windows, Linux, All Outputs

Posts: 47 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 15, 2014Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you right clicked the procedures and published them yet? That needs to be done for things to work.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Yes everything is published.

WebFOCUS 8.201M

Posts: 47 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 15, 2014Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE PROGRAM A or B

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom,

I tried what you suggested and maybe I'm getting the syntax wrong. I'm not getting an error anymore but my parameters aren't being passed (as if the include was being ignored).

Tried
quote:
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/REPOSITORY/TEST/a.fex

Also Tried
quote:
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE PROGRAM IBFS:/WFC/REPOSITORY/TEST/a.fex

WebFOCUS 8.201M

Expert
posted Hide Post
That's the HTML side, need to bind the parameters...
If the a.fex is in the same Domain, it's -MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE A.FEX

And, the fex needs, -DEFAULTS, not, -DEFAULTH else they will be hidden.
And, the fex needs to have the Prompt for Parameters box checked...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
As you indicated my a.fex contained -DEFAULTH statements. I made the suggested change.

I'm now able to see my HTML content with no errors, problem is however I'm now being prompted for my parameter values and the defaults do not contain the values my A procedure originally populated.

My A Procedure declares 8 parameters, runs various queries and populates these parameters for use by various other procedures. I do not want to be prompted for them as the procedure takes care of that.

I just want to -INCLUDE my A procedure and display the already populated parameters.

For some reason as an administrator everything works fine, but nobody else.

WebFOCUS 8.201M

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Was reading the following link:
http://forums.informationbuild...1057331/m/5217080036

quote:
For –MRNOEDIT –INCLUDE your procedure must reside on the reporting server within an application folder that is on the Reporting Server APP PATH.

My procedure is located within the WF repository, and I am using full IBFS path qualification.

Seems to be a common problem....

WebFOCUS 8.201M

Expert
posted Hide Post
Are you coding the full path properly? Did you right-click the fex in the web-based Explorer Resources tree and copy/paste the full path?

-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/domain1/subFolder1/report_prepare.fex

Meanwhile, to verify user's access to the file, you should right-click on the fex and select Security > Effective Policy. From here you can check if a user has access.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I moved my procedure to the reporting server all is seems to be working fine now with the -MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE.

Is there any way to this using procedures located in the repository?

Thanks for your help!

WebFOCUS 8.201M

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you coding the full path properly? Did you right-click the fex in the web-based Explorer Resources tree and copy/paste the full path?

Francis, I cannot believe this but that was my issue. I had entered the path "correctly", but using all caps. When I copy-pasted from the properties it worked! I had no idea the path was case-sensitive!

Thanks for your help! Smiler

WebFOCUS 8.201M