Focal Point
[solved]passing values in drilldown

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6277022816

March 24, 2012, 10:48 AM
djackson
[solved]passing values in drilldown
Using the following define -

DEFINE FILE CAR
CLASS/A10 = IF COUNTRY IN('ENGLAND','FRANCE') THEN 'XXXXXX' ELSE COUNTRY;
END

When I run my fex I'm getting the following output:

CLASS RETAIL_COST COUNTRY
ITALY 51,065 ITALY
JAPAN 6,478 JAPAN
W GERMANY 64,732 W GERMANY
XXXXXX 45,319 ENGLAND
5,610 FRANCE

There will be two drilldowns... one for all countries except XXXXXX and the other drilldown will be on XXXXXX. I'm trying to get detail data for both England and France when I drilldown on XXXXXX (passing COUNTRY) but am having no luck. Hope this is enough information... Am totally going in circles at this point and would really appreciate any help - thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: djackson,

Dev Studio 8.1.0.4, App Studio 8.1.5m, Reporting Server 8.1.4, InfoAssist, Active Technologies, Windows 2003 Server, Windows7
March 25, 2012, 04:40 AM
j.gross
One way is to define a list...
CLIST/A100 = IF COUNTRY IN('ENGLAND','FRANCE') 
  THEN '''ENGLAND'',''FRANCE'''   
  ELSE '''COUNTRY''';

...include it as an argument in the drilldown call, and screen in the called fex using
WHERE COUNTRY IN ( &CLIST );

March 25, 2012, 02:44 PM
djackson
I think I'm going to hold all the class fields with their corresponding countries in a foc file, pass 'XXXXXX' to a fex referencing the foc file and then decode XXXXXX back to it's original name and go from there. thanks much for the feedback!

Dev Studio 8.1.0.4, App Studio 8.1.5m, Reporting Server 8.1.4, InfoAssist, Active Technologies, Windows 2003 Server, Windows7
March 26, 2012, 01:47 AM
Dave
You are so close... why change now?

if you have this decode

DEFINE FILE CAR
CLASS/A10 = IF COUNTRY IN('ENGLAND','FRANCE') THEN 'XXXXXX' ELSE COUNTRY;
END

You should also use it in the underlying fex. ( the one you're drilling to )

WHERE CLASS EQ &DRILL_PARAM_CLASS

Should work perfectly.

Greets,D

March 26, 2012, 11:18 AM
Darin Lee
There are a number of fairly simple ways to accomplish what you need to do. The suggestion by j.gross is pretty straightforward. You could use a conditional drilldown to get what you need. Another failrly simply way would be to just leave the main procedure as-is (passing the value of class) and then include a Dialogue Manager command like the following in your drill-down procedure.

-SET &WHERE=IF 'XXXXXX' EQ '&CLASS' THEN 'WHERE COUNTRY EQ '|''''|'ENGLAND'|''''|' OR '|''''|'FRANCE'|''''|';' ELSE 'WHERE COUNTRY EQ '|''''| &CLASS |''''|';';

and then just put

&WHERE.EVAL on its own line as your selection criteria.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat