Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Web Applications folders

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Web Applications folders
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
We are testing a new install of 8206, previous install where everything works was 8008. We have launch pages that users launch directly from the reporting server (we don't use repositories). On all of our web pages, we use images stored on the client server ("Web Applications" in your configured environment tree). With the new install, we only see a broken link for our pic files. We also have javascript stored in this location. The pages appear to be able to access our javascript stored in a different folder on the client server. Anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong? I can create a new page and see all of my client server folders and it lets me select an image for the page, it just never displays the image. In the code it says the same location src="/approot/images/top_banner.gif" that it always has. I am in the administrator group and it says we have "SystemFullControl" under "Web Content" and the images folder also has this access. Anyone else experience this issue? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.0.08 (Prod); WF 8.2.06 (Dev)

Posts: 83 | Location: OK | Registered: November 19, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Evan

Is the WebFOCUS client and the Reporting Server installed on the same machine? Is this the same as it was with 8.0.08?

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I work with Evan. No the client and reporting servers are on virtual Linux servers on the mainframe. Report Server is one server and the client server is another server. WebFOCUS 8.0 has 2 servers and 8.2 has 2 different servers.

Both client servers have folders named /opt/ibi/apps/images. For pages run in 8.0, the images display file, in 8.2 they don't display. Both folder (8.0 and 8.2) have the same permissions and owner on the folders and contents.

We can run in IE, Chrome or Internal Viewer and in 8.2 and the images do not display.

The javascript in apps/java_script runs just fine. The issue is just with the images folder. It is almost as if WebFOCUS wants them somewhere else.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jgelona,

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I can't explain why this would stop working. I had seen in older versions that the images also had to be on the reporting server so it may be worth a try to replicate them so they are in both places in the same folder name /opt/ibi/apps/images.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post