Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     FML Formatting Questions

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
FML Formatting Questions
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I have a task where I am using FML to create a spreadsheet in EXL2K.

The report is shaping up but I have some questions.

In the FML I have blank lines between sections. I need to shrink the height of the blank lines. In Excel, the standard height is 12.75 and I need to shrink it to 4. Anyone have any advice?

Second question is how to get a heading into cell A1. Starting in B1 and going out to J1, I have the years which are from an ACROSS statement. Starting in A2 and going down I have the Tag/Row Headings. I am trying to get a heading into cell A1, anyone know how?

Third question is how to get borders around the cells. I've tried using the BORDER and BORDER-STYLE attributes and they work in PDF but not in EXL2K.

One Final question. Currently, this report has data for every year back to 1998. The purpose of the report is to add a new year at the end of the year so the user does not have to manually do it. Also, there are over 90 worksheets in this spreadsheet, so manually adding a year to every worksheet is quite a task. What I need to do in the output is hide everything except the last 5 years. The data has to be there, but they want to columns hidden. For example, when I add 2007, they want to hide the columns with 1998-2002 data.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, it appears that you cannot get the row to be less than the Excel default of 12.75 units:
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
-*BY CAR
FOR COUNTRY
'ITALY' OVER
" " LABEL S1 OVER
'JAPAN'
HEADING
"WEBFOCUS REPORT"
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLESHEET *
TYPE=REPORT, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=15, $
TYPE=REPORT, LABEL=S1, SIZE=1, $
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END

TYPE=REPORT, LABEL=S1, SIZE=1, $ makes the blank row the smallest it can be, which is 12.75. It does work correctly for PDF and HTML.

I don't have version 7 yet, but have you looked into Excel templates? I think Excel templates would be the solution to hiding/showing columns, you would have to only change the template...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Francis, thanks for the reply. I have tried a template with an auto_open macro in it, but it crashed the agent when I tried doing all 97 work sheets. I'm going to try and rename the macro to something else and see if that works. Also if I use a template, the TITLETEXT='&SHEETNM.EVAL', does not name the work sheet. I tried it with the .EVAL and without.

I did find this on page 600 of the 7.13 Creating Reports manual. There is a section on Hiding Columns and User Controlled Options (i.e. Freeze columns, Filter, etc.) but it appears that it is only available for Active Reports and we don't have a license for that, but I am working on management to get Active Reports.

I am going to open a NFR to allow this in EXCEL as well.

I'm also going to open a problem report on the TITLETEXT problem after I confirm it is really a problem.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jgelona,

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
<Shyam L>
posted
jgelona where you able to specify titletext while using the templates?

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
For this particular report, no. I ended up doing an Excel compound document and wrote a macro that I put in the following folder on each user PC:

C:\Documents and Settings\userid\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This way, when the users open the spread sheet, they can run the macro to finish the formatting that I can't do in WebFOCUS.

Fortuneately, there are only about 8 users of this report.

<Shyam L>
posted
Thanks jgelona for the reply.
Even in my case i wrote a macro which does that job. But I was just wondering whether there was a simpler method to achieve the same.
Looks like its not there.

Thanks
Shyam

Report This Post