Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Sub navigation - BIP

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Sub navigation - BIP
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I'm trying to figure out what would be a good way to do a sub-navigation on a portal. My original idea had been to used a maximized tabbed container. However, this will result in only being able to have a single report on that tabbed page. Which again, originally wasn't the biggest issue because I figured I could create all the sub-pages using HTML to load multiple report.

Now though I have a user who is also in need of having a resource tree on their sub-navigated page, is this even possible?

Here is a look how I got the tabbed container setup:

And here is a look of the content I'm hoping to place inside this container, the boxes on the left are an HTML page, other reports are in the center, and on the right are two resource trees:

Any suggestions?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFocus App Studio 8.1.0.5, Windows 7 64bit.

Posts: 65 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: March 06, 2014Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You can continue to mess with their portal container product, or you can build out your own custom HTML page that you can then drop into the portal container to utilize the new security model. That's the route we are taking now. Everything looks better, works faster, and is easier to maintain and migrate when we just build our own stuff. Supposedly 8.2 is a lot better, but we just can't wait for eons for it to come out, nor spend crazy amounts of money for something that can be done for free with modern web standards. We needed an affordable ready-to-use solution now. I played the open-a-case game and have grown tired of it. I'm just ready for a product that works and is up to standards. So, I'm developing our own solutions and using IBI when needed.

Google various HTML responsive templates that you can work off of if you aren't too web dev savvy. But if you are, then that is the way to go till the product receives a bit more polish. My two cents.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Amen to your two cents.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolGuy:
You can continue to mess with their portal container product, or you can build out your own custom HTML page that you can then drop into the portal container to utilize the new security model. That's the route we are taking now. Everything looks better, works faster, and is easier to maintain and migrate when we just build our own stuff. Supposedly 8.2 is a lot better, but we just can't wait for eons for it to come out, nor spend crazy amounts of money for something that can be done for free with modern web standards. We needed an affordable ready-to-use solution now. I played the open-a-case game and have grown tired of it. I'm just ready for a product that works and is up to standards. So, I'm developing our own solutions and using IBI when needed.

Google various HTML responsive templates that you can work off of if you aren't too web dev savvy. But if you are, then that is the way to go till the product receives a bit more polish. My two cents.

I fully agree with your statement, and a lot of what I've built is custom. However, at the moment I'm looking for a way to add a resource tree to a custom build HTML page.

WebFocus App Studio 8.1.0.5, Windows 7 64bit.

Posts: 65 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: March 06, 2014Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That would be a tricky scenario. A few things to think about:

1. Due to security reasons, you can't do what you're looking for in vanilla HTML/Js.
2. You're looking to integrate a resource tree to items in a DB repository as of your release if you are creating and running things from the Content area. This would require Java and IBI calls to be involved to get the resources you want the user to see displayed in a tree structure.

Maybe look at the code for the built-in Resource Tree option of the existing portal product to see if you can't figure out what gets it to display from an HTML standpoint once you insert it?

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post