Focal Point
[SOLVED] IB Logo top left on home page

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6297054096

June 29, 2018, 08:58 AM
RyanIPG13
[SOLVED] IB Logo top left on home page
When you login to the new portal in 82 + versions of WF there is an information builders logo in the top left of the screen.

I'd like to remove that and brand the portal with a company logo.

I can see that the path to the applicable files is under:

\webapps\webfocus\homepage\resources\css
\webapps\webfocus\homepage\resources\images

I'd like to edit the home.css file to point to two new image files under images.

Problem is, the application is using some pre-baked files and appending a context in front of the css file:

http://server/ibi_apps/homepag.../resources/[prebaked something]/css/home.css

If I mess with the developer tools in Chrome I can get it to recognize the images, so I know it sees those. What I can't do is get it to point at my modified version of the home.css to actually USE those images.

Anyone found a way around this?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Production: WebFOCUS 8.202M
QA: WebFOCUS 8.206.01
Windows/SQL
June 30, 2018, 01:01 AM
Chaudhary
create a banner image with your logos and replace existing babner image with new one. we have option in portal to replace the image.

WF Production :- WF:8.0.0.4, 8.1.05 App-studio/Developer Studio(8.1.x) ,
8.2.0.1M , 8.2.0.2 (App-Studio8.2.x),
InfoAssist/+, InfoDiscovery
Output format:-AHTML, PDF, Excel, HTML
Platform:-Windows 7, 8,10
July 02, 2018, 01:58 PM
Hallway
Instead of changing the css file, we just replaced the IBI logos located here (windows fs): \\[server]\[drive]\ibi\WebFOCUS82\webapps\webfocus\homepage\resources\images

You'll want to replace IB_icon.svg and IB_logo.svg .

We just renamed the existing files to IB_icon(old).svg and IB_logo(old).svg to preserve the original svg files. We then saved the svg logos for our company with the original file names and it worked great.

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

July 05, 2018, 03:40 PM
mrguru
If anyone is interested...Once you change the home.css file you need to clear the cache on your browser and then you will see the changes. RYANIPG13 - you did everything correct.

WF 8.2.01M
8.2.01M Reporting Server
Windows 2012 Srvr R2
PDF,Excel, HTML
Graphs - a lot of graphs