Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] IB Logo top left on home page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] IB Logo top left on home page
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
When you login to the new portal in 82 + versions of WF there is an information builders logo in the top left of the screen.

I'd like to remove that and brand the portal with a company logo.

I can see that the path to the applicable files is under:

\webapps\webfocus\homepage\resources\css
\webapps\webfocus\homepage\resources\images

I'd like to edit the home.css file to point to two new image files under images.

Problem is, the application is using some pre-baked files and appending a context in front of the css file:

http://server/ibi_apps/homepag.../resources/[prebaked something]/css/home.css

If I mess with the developer tools in Chrome I can get it to recognize the images, so I know it sees those. What I can't do is get it to point at my modified version of the home.css to actually USE those images.

Anyone found a way around this?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Production: WebFOCUS 8.202M
QA: WebFOCUS 8.206.01
Windows/SQL

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
create a banner image with your logos and replace existing babner image with new one. we have option in portal to replace the image.

WF Production :- WF:8.0.0.4, 8.1.05 App-studio/Developer Studio(8.1.x) ,
8.2.0.1M , 8.2.0.2 (App-Studio8.2.x),
InfoAssist/+, InfoDiscovery
Output format:-AHTML, PDF, Excel, HTML
Platform:-Windows 7, 8,10

Posts: 186 | Location: Infobuild India | Registered: August 28, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Instead of changing the css file, we just replaced the IBI logos located here (windows fs): \\[server]\[drive]\ibi\WebFOCUS82\webapps\webfocus\homepage\resources\images

You'll want to replace IB_icon.svg and IB_logo.svg .

We just renamed the existing files to IB_icon(old).svg and IB_logo(old).svg to preserve the original svg files. We then saved the svg logos for our company with the original file names and it worked great.

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested...Once you change the home.css file you need to clear the cache on your browser and then you will see the changes. RYANIPG13 - you did everything correct.

WF 8.2.01M
8.2.01M Reporting Server
Windows 2012 Srvr R2
PDF,Excel, HTML
Graphs - a lot of graphs

Posts: 60 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post