Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Missing DOCS for DateTime Usage to Actual conversions

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Missing DOCS for DateTime Usage to Actual conversions
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Tech doc only lists Hnn as Actual types

The default on synonym creation is

ACTUAL=HYYMDs and USAGE=HYYMDs

So there has to be more to the documentation than is listed.

Anyone know where?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammo1j,

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You might want to look into ordering this.
Almost 1001 ways to work with dates. You can get it on the IBI site.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Why not check this out?

Describing Data With WebFOCUS Language > Describing an Individual Field > The Displayed Data Type: USAGE > Describing a Date-Time Field

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That will work.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Sorry folks

That doesn't solve the prob because the problem I have is what ACTUAL formats are permitted.

The wf documentation lists only H + numeric for actuals but the list is clearly more as the adapter defaults to ACTUAL=HYYMDs but there is no docs on what ACTUALs are permitted with what USAGEs.

But thanks for your help though!

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I have a 1001 dates so I will take that to bed with me tonight and see if I can find a solution in that.

Hope it is good as Arabian Nights...

Expert
posted Hide Post
John,

Would you care to tell what it is you are trying to resolve? Do you have a non-standard date-time column in an RDBMS table?

Cheers,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hope it is good as Arabian Nights...
Eeker

Expert
posted Hide Post
John,

You really should get out more you know!!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
John

I hope it want last for 1001 days....

good night

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
It was a great read - I won't spoil the end for anyone when I say the murder was actually committed at DT(2004/06/08 23:45:56.873898)

However I did find out why he had called it almost 1001 ways to do things with dates, because he had omitted the ACTUAL to USAGE translation rules.

So unfortunately we still have no docs...

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
All that wasted reading...

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In all the work I've done with date-time fields, you're a lot more restricted on formats (and changing USAGE) than you are with simple date fields. As for actual formats, there is only going to be a single format that works for a field according to the RDBMS, depending on the precision of the time and the format of the date. The Usage format is going to have to match the actual format. Any other formats would require some 'H' date functions (HDATE,HDIFF, etc.) If possible, use the console to generate an MFD for the data source to see what is automatically created, then it is what it is - don't change it or you'll likely have problems.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post