Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Help Passing the &IBIMR_user variable

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Help Passing the &IBIMR_user variable
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is there a way that I can use the &IBIMR_user system variable to help populate a dropdown list in the HTML page that is populated by another .fex procedure? And that HTML page will be used on the IBI dashboard.

So far I have been able to make it a custom system variable that is passed into .fex procedures run off an HTML page, however I am not able to use it in the .fex that populates the dropdown list in the HTML. Any help would be much appreciated.

Expert
posted Hide Post
There are quite a few discussions on Focal Point regarding "Custom Settings". Here's one that shows you how to add &IBIMR_user as a variable available in all MRE executed fexes:
Using System/User Variables

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I read the topic that you posted, however I do not have a self-made login page. When I run the .fex to populate the dropdown list, does it not count as part of the MRE?

Guru
posted Hide Post
Are you executing the report from MRE? i.e. Do you log in to MRE to execute the report? Then your &IBIMR_user variable will be set to what you log into MRE with.

If you are not sure, do -TYPE &IBIMR_user and see if that returns your user id.

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

to be able to use IBIMR_user variable please add the following:IBIMR_user(PASS)
in the file site.wfs located on your server on :
drive\ibi\webfocus7?\client\wfc\etc with ? equals to the release you have installed

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
As I put in my original message, the IBIMR_user variable works fine in the report that runs off of the HTML page, however the HTML page itself contains a dropdown list that I need populated with the IBIMR_user as a paramter. However, the dropdown will not populate because the value of the IBIMR_user that is passed to it seems to be empty.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Let me tell about my experience regarding this variable:
We have a report that shows to the users only the data they are authorized to see.
For that we wanted to identify them when they connect to MRE in order to filter data.
The only way to pass this variable to the procedure is to do the setup I explain in my previous post.
This way The drop down list that you want to populate will contain only one user the one being connected.

Majid.

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Right now I have:

MRUSER=&IBIMR_user
MRUSER(pass)

inside the file, and I use the variable:
&MRUSER. However, in my .fex to populate the dropdown list, it is treating the MRUSER to be a null value.

I am currently running WebFocus Server 7.6.3 and WebFocus Client 7.6.0

Guru
posted Hide Post

Try this
<SET> MRUSER(pass)

put <SET> before MRUSER(pass)

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hello Ben,

Are you saying that you do not get your user id back when you do

-TYPE &MRUSER

Thanks,
Sayed

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Sorry, the HTML cause the set tags to disappear, but they're there. When I run the procedure from a triggered report from a button, it seems to populate the variable fine. However, when I have the procedure populate the dropdown box, the dropdown box is left empty and a message in the status box of the browser states "Error retrieving data..".

Guru
posted Hide Post
Ben,

I've seen that error. Right click on the field and make sure "cache run time data" is NOT checked.

Thanks,
Sayed

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Are you saying to right click on the field in the Developer Studio HTML Editor, or to right click the field in the Dashboard?

When I try to right click the dropdown list when displayed in the Dashboard, it doesn't give me any options or a menu. When I right click the field in the Dev Studio Editor, it gives me the Style Composer options.

Guru
posted Hide Post
It was Developer Studio. Can you upload your html and focexec? If you can recreate that wil CAR file it will be easier.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Below is the HTML:

<!-- Generated by Report Layout Painter -->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>HtmlPage
</TITLE>
<SCRIPT id=clientEventHandlersJS type=text/javascript>
function button1_OnClick(ctrl) {
// TODO: add validation code here
OnExecute(ctrl)
}
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_OptionsScript type=text/javascript>
var cgipath = "cgipath";
var ibirls = "ibirls2";
var multidrill = "multidrill";
var mntFormValidate = "mntFormValidate";
var dyncalendar = "dyncalendar";
var olap="olap";
var olappanebase="olappanebase";
var olapdrill="olapdrill";
var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls,mntFormValidate,dyncalendar,multidrill);
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript>
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript>
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigblloadCss type=text/javascript>
ibigblloadCss(null);
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_RelCallBack type=text/javascript>function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}
</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<IFRAME id=iframe1 style="Z-INDEX: 2; LEFT: 20px; WIDTH: 900px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 170px; HEIGHT: 590px" tabIndex=1 name=iframe1 frameBorder=no scrolling=no>
</IFRAME>
<INPUT language=javascript id=button1 style="Z-INDEX: 3; LEFT: 470px; WIDTH: 90px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 100px; HEIGHT: 20px" onclick=button1_OnClick(this) tabIndex=2 type=button value="View Report" name=button1 requests_list="0">
<INPUT id=combobox1 style="LEFT: 290px; WIDTH: 128px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 100px; HEIGHT: 22px" tabIndex=3 accept=0 size=0 name=ENDDATE multiple="false" ibiformat="MDYY" calendardatatype="1" calendardata="0/0/-10;0/0/10" elementtype="14" displayfield="ADDRATE" datafield="ADDRATE" addalloption="0" operation="NONE" datasource="omega-rates.mas" datatype="0" datafieldtype="PACKED" sourcetype="typeMaster">
<SELECT id=combobox2 style="LEFT: 290px; WIDTH: 150px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 60px" tabIndex=4 size=1 name=COMPANY displayfield="BROKERID" datafield="BROKERID" addalloption="0" operation="NONE" datasource="OMEGA-BRKR_FILTER.fex" datatype="1" datafieldtype="VARCHAR" sourcetype="typeFex" ibiapp_app="Ben-test baseapp" ibic_server="EDASERVE" accept="0">
</SELECT>
<FIELDSET id=groupbox1 style="Z-INDEX: -1; LEFT: 190px; WIDTH: 400px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 20px; HEIGHT: 120px" tabIndex=5>
</FIELDSET>
<SPAN id=text1 style="Z-INDEX: 4; LEFT: 290px; WIDTH: 110px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 30px; HEIGHT: 20px" tabIndex=6>
<STRONG>
<U>Omega Invoices
</U>
</STRONG>
</SPAN>
<SPAN id=text2 style="Z-INDEX: 5; LEFT: 200px; WIDTH: 80px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 60px; HEIGHT: 20px" tabIndex=7>Broker/Firm:
</SPAN>
<SPAN id=text3 style="Z-INDEX: 6; LEFT: 200px; WIDTH: 60px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 100px; HEIGHT: 20px" tabIndex=8>Period:
</SPAN>
<INPUT id=ibiapp_app style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value="Ben-test baseapp" name=ibiapp_app>
<xml id=ibi_requests>
<requests>

<request requestid="0" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="0" targetname="iframe1" ibif_ex="OMEGA-SETTLEMENT.fex" ibic_server="EDASERVE" ibiapp_app="Ben-test baseapp">

<variables>

<variable field="" file="omega-rates.mas" desc="" datatype="0" operation="" name="ENDDATE" accept="0" type="default" select="0">

</variable>

<variable field="" file="omega-rates.mas" desc="" datatype="0" operation="" name="COMPANY" accept="0" type="default" select="0">

</variable>

<variable field="" file="omega-rates.mas" desc="" datatype="0" operation="" name="MRUSER" accept="0" type="default" select="0">

</variable>

</variables>

</request>
</requests>
</xml>
</BODY>
<SCRIPT id=IBI_loadcalendar type=text/javascript>
if(ibigblInitInfo.testOptions(dyncalendar)){
setDateRange();
setupDocCalendars();
}
</SCRIPT>
</HTML>

-------------------------------------------------

The .fex that populates the Dropdown is below:

-* File OMEGA-BRKR_FILTER.fex
SET TRACEOFF = ALL
SET TRACEON = STMTRACE//CLIENT
SET TRACEON = STMTRACE//CLIENT
SET TRACEUSER = CLIENT
SET XRETRIEVAL = ON
SET EMPTYREPORT = ON

-SET &ECHO = OFF;

-*SET MRUSER = &MRUSER;

-*SET &MRUSER = 'swiftTRADE'

TABLE FILE BRAccessRights
PRINT
BROKERID
BROKERID
WHERE ( LOGIN EQ '&MRUSER' ) AND (ACTIVE EQ 'YES');
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
PAGESIZE='SCREEN',
LEFTMARGIN=0.000000,
RIGHTMARGIN=0.000000,
TOPMARGIN=0.000000,
BOTTOMMARGIN=0.000000,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
COLOR='BLACK',
BACKCOLOR='NONE',
STYLE=NORMAL,
RIGHTGAP=0.125000,
TOPGAP=0.013889,
BOTTOMGAP=0.027778,
$
TYPE=TITLE,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
SIZE=12,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=TABFOOTING,
SIZE=12,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
SIZE=12,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=FOOTING,
SIZE=12,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=SUBHEAD,
SIZE=10,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=SUBFOOT,
SIZE=10,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=SUBTOTAL,
BACKCOLOR=RGB(210 210 210),
$
TYPE=ACROSSVALUE,
SIZE=9,
$
TYPE=ACROSSTITLE,
STYLE=BOLD,
$
TYPE=GRANDTOTAL,
BACKCOLOR=RGB(210 210 210),
STYLE=BOLD,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Master
posted Hide Post
BenC, What version of WF are you running. When your html page that runs the report what exactly happens? Does the HTML page come up and then does it open a second window? If you are on 7.6x and it does open a second window you will have to wait for 7.6.4 for a fix. If it opens a second window please open a case with IBI Support!

Scott

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I was able to populate the drop down using the car file for sample data source for focus code and a little help from javascripts ActiveXObject object.

Insert this script in the head portion of the page make sure the body tag has the onload funtion set, and point the ActiveXObject to your fex or just put your focus code in directly like I did.

<SCRIPT>
function loadDropDown()
{
var xmlHttp = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
var FocusCode = "IBIF_adhocfex=";
FocusCode += "DYNAM ALLOC FILE CAR DA MDLG.CAR.FOCUS SHR REUSE\n";
FocusCode += "DEFINE FILE CAR\n";
FocusCode += "SEL_HTML/A60='<OPTION VALUE='||COUNTRY||'>'||COUNTRY||'</OPTION>';\n";
FocusCode += "END\n";
FocusCode += "TABLE FILE CAR\n";
FocusCode += "SUM FST.SEL_HTML BY COUNTRY NOPRINT\n";
FocusCode += "ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT COMMA\n";
FocusCode += "END";
xmlHttp.Open("POST", "http://corpweba04/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/webapi.dll", false)
xmlHttp.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8")
xmlHttp.Send(FocusCode)
var sel_item = xmlHttp.ResponseText.split("\n");
var newstring = '<SELECT id=combobox2 style="LEFT: 290px; WIDTH: 150px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 60px" tabIndex=4 size=1 name=COMPANY';
newstring += ' displayfield="BROKERID" datafield="BROKERID" addalloption="0" operation="NONE" datasource="OMEGA-BRKR_FILTER.fex"';
newstring += ' datatype="1" datafieldtype="VARCHAR" sourcetype="typeFex" ibiapp_app="Ben-test baseapp" ibic_server="EDASERVE" accept="0">';
	for (var i=0; i<sel_item.length;i++)
	{
	  var startIt = new String(sel_item[i])
	  var test_value = /\"/g;
	  newstring += startIt.replace(test_value, "") + '\n';
	 }
newstring += '</select>';
document.getElementById('combobox2').outerHTML =  newstring;
}
</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY onload='loadDropDown()'>

7.6.6 Mainframe
7.6.4 Web Focus
Windows

Posts: 45 | Location: Gaffney SC | Registered: March 30, 2007Report This Post
<Ryan>
posted
I've run into something similar to this before. Here is what I had to do, hope it helps (I think this is what Sayed was suggesting also):

Change this:

SELECT id=combobox2 style="LEFT: 290px; WIDTH: 150px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 60px" tabIndex=4 size=1 name=COMPANY displayfield="BROKERID" datafield="BROKERID" addalloption="0" operation="NONE" datasource="OMEGA-BRKR_FILTER.fex" datatype="1" datafieldtype="VARCHAR" sourcetype="typeFex" ibiapp_app="Ben-test baseapp" ibic_server="EDASERVE" accept="0">

To this:

SELECT id=combobox2 style="LEFT: 290px; WIDTH: 150px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 60px" tabIndex=4 size=1 name=COMPANY displayfield="BROKERID" datafield="BROKERID" addalloption="0" operation="NONE" datasource="OMEGA-BRKR_FILTER.fex" datatype="1" datafieldtype="VARCHAR" sourcetype="typeFex" ibiapp_app="Ben-test baseapp" ibic_server="EDASERVE" accept="0" cacheruntimedata="0">

I added cacheruntimedata="0" to your SELECT tag.

Good Luck!
Ryan

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone that contributed, a solution has been found. Ryan & Sayed's idea worked fine. Was this supposed to be a bug or is it something we need to put in from now on for populating Dropdownlists?

posted Hide Post
depends on how many chained dropdowns you have and whether you're populating them with separate procedures or with one combined procedure.

WF 7.7.x, Solaris

Posts: 11 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Ben,

It's not a bug because certain things you want the cache runtime to be turned on so that the drop down populates faster. I think this was one of the new feature when version 7.x came out.

Thanks,
Sayed