Focal Point
Holiday File - Member of Errors

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6321097732

July 19, 2007, 01:37 PM
Krysti
Holiday File - Member of Errors
Hi All,

I would like to create a Holiday File. I'm looking into how to do it and found that if you are on OS/390, the file "must be a member of ERRORS". I have no clue what that means. Can someone explain?

Thanks for your help,

Krysti

WF 767
July 19, 2007, 02:32 PM
dwf
Well.... I might be able to help just a little. First of all, that's weird. Seond, though, ERRORS is no doubt a DDNAME pointing to, in the case, a partitioned data set, of which the Holiday file has to be a member.

Try issuing a ? TSO DDNAME command (I think that's the syntax. No longer have a FOCUS/TSO manual). Hopefully, ERRORS is a FOCUS-defined DDNAME. If so, you'll see ERRORS in the output of that command, along with the dataset it points to

dwf
July 19, 2007, 02:32 PM
hammo1j
Look in some JCL to find //ERRORS DD ....

That should give you the dataset name then you need to create pds member HDAYXXXX where XXXX is the name of your holiday file.

You may need your sysadmin to do this because ERRORS contains a load of webfocus system stuff.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo
July 19, 2007, 03:08 PM
Krysti
Thanks for the replies.

dwf - I did what you said and didn't see the text ERRORS

hamm01j - Hmmm, what is JCL?

It looks like this is going to be way above my head, ugh! Actually, I asked the person who does most of the configuration/admin type of stuff and he didn't know what ERRORS is either...

WF 767
July 19, 2007, 03:28 PM
ET
We had our own business day routines before they became available in Focus so we do not use the focus business day functions. When I issue a ? tso ddname query I get all the file allocations and the ddname errors points to a concatenation of 2 pds datasets. In our setup the first dataset is focus.errors which I believe comes from focus. The second pds dataset contains our own written business day subroutines.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

et

FOCUS 7.6 MVS PDF,HTML,EXCEL
July 20, 2007, 07:23 AM
Jessica Bottone
I might be able to help a little here too but the memory is a little rusty. If I'm remembering correctly, to run FOCUS on the mainframe, it has to be started as a 'task'. This is something system people typically do. To start the 'task', you need JCL - that stands for Job Control Language and it's like DOS is to the PC. I'd venture a guess that the ERRORS file you're looking for is referenced there. I'm very surprised the ? TSO DDNAME did not find this. Find out who installed FOCUS on your mainframe. They may be able to assist you.

Data Migrator 5.3, 7.1, 7.6
WebFOCUS 7.1, 7.6, 7.7
SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
Windows
July 20, 2007, 01:37 PM
Jim Morrow
Under MVS Errors is a PDS Library data set. in most installations it a system data set, and owned by the people who control the operating system and the FOCUS insatalltion. This makes it difficult to get a member added for the workday rountine.

Jim Morrow
Web Focus 7.6.10 under Windows 2003
MVS 7.3.3

July 20, 2007, 02:11 PM
Krysti
Thanks everyone. I'm thinking this is way beyond something I would be able to do. I guess I'll just have to keep updated the schedules manually until we upgrade again.

On another note, has anyone had the problem when you make a change to a schedule (like change the run date), the report automatically runs when you save the change instead of waiting to run on the next run date?

Thanks all,

Krysti

WF 767
July 20, 2007, 02:41 PM
Prarie
Look here please.

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...1057331/m/8361018632

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
Oh, thanks! I forgot I had started a thread on it and I forgot to turn on notifications.

Krysti

WF 767
All Error files are in the WebFocus server
path ...
i.e.
...SRV76/HOME/NLS/name.ERR

where 'name' is whatever the Holiday file name has to be.

Release 7.6.9
Windows
HTML