Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Holiday File - Member of Errors

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Holiday File - Member of Errors
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi All,

I would like to create a Holiday File. I'm looking into how to do it and found that if you are on OS/390, the file "must be a member of ERRORS". I have no clue what that means. Can someone explain?

Thanks for your help,

Krysti

WF 767

Posts: 34 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: September 02, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Well.... I might be able to help just a little. First of all, that's weird. Seond, though, ERRORS is no doubt a DDNAME pointing to, in the case, a partitioned data set, of which the Holiday file has to be a member.

Try issuing a ? TSO DDNAME command (I think that's the syntax. No longer have a FOCUS/TSO manual). Hopefully, ERRORS is a FOCUS-defined DDNAME. If so, you'll see ERRORS in the output of that command, along with the dataset it points to

dwf

Posts: 135 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Look in some JCL to find //ERRORS DD ....

That should give you the dataset name then you need to create pds member HDAYXXXX where XXXX is the name of your holiday file.

You may need your sysadmin to do this because ERRORS contains a load of webfocus system stuff.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

dwf - I did what you said and didn't see the text ERRORS

hamm01j - Hmmm, what is JCL?

It looks like this is going to be way above my head, ugh! Actually, I asked the person who does most of the configuration/admin type of stuff and he didn't know what ERRORS is either...

WF 767

Posts: 34 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: September 02, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We had our own business day routines before they became available in Focus so we do not use the focus business day functions. When I issue a ? tso ddname query I get all the file allocations and the ddname errors points to a concatenation of 2 pds datasets. In our setup the first dataset is focus.errors which I believe comes from focus. The second pds dataset contains our own written business day subroutines.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

et

FOCUS 7.6 MVS PDF,HTML,EXCEL

Posts: 115 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 28, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I might be able to help a little here too but the memory is a little rusty. If I'm remembering correctly, to run FOCUS on the mainframe, it has to be started as a 'task'. This is something system people typically do. To start the 'task', you need JCL - that stands for Job Control Language and it's like DOS is to the PC. I'd venture a guess that the ERRORS file you're looking for is referenced there. I'm very surprised the ? TSO DDNAME did not find this. Find out who installed FOCUS on your mainframe. They may be able to assist you.

Data Migrator 5.3, 7.1, 7.6
WebFOCUS 7.1, 7.6, 7.7
SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Under MVS Errors is a PDS Library data set. in most installations it a system data set, and owned by the people who control the operating system and the FOCUS insatalltion. This makes it difficult to get a member added for the workday rountine.

Jim Morrow
Web Focus 7.6.10 under Windows 2003
MVS 7.3.3

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I'm thinking this is way beyond something I would be able to do. I guess I'll just have to keep updated the schedules manually until we upgrade again.

On another note, has anyone had the problem when you make a change to a schedule (like change the run date), the report automatically runs when you save the change instead of waiting to run on the next run date?

Thanks all,

Krysti

WF 767

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Look here please.

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...1057331/m/8361018632

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Oh, thanks! I forgot I had started a thread on it and I forgot to turn on notifications.

Krysti

WF 767

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
All Error files are in the WebFocus server
path ...
i.e.
...SRV76/HOME/NLS/name.ERR

where 'name' is whatever the Holiday file name has to be.

Release 7.6.9
Windows
HTML