Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Week Start and End Date change in Info Assist

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Week Start and End Date change in Info Assist
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Our Standard week in WebFocus is Saturday - Friday.

I need to change this for a specific Info Assist report to Sunday - Saturday.

So I have my Week Ending Define based on my date field:
FIELD_WEEK_END_DATE/MDYY=DATEMOVE(FIELD_WEEK_END_DATE, 'EOW')

MY QUERY IS AS FOLLOWS

SUM HOUR_COUNT
BY GROUP
ACROSS FIELD_WEEK_END_DATE
WHERE FIELD_WEEK_END_DATE GE '01/16/2015' AND FIELD_WEEK_END_DATE LE '01/29/2015';

SO IF I QUERY THE ABOVE THE DATE RANGE
01/16/2015 FALLS INTO THE WEEK ENDING OF 01/16/2015
01/17/2015 - 01/23/2014 FALLS INTO THE WEEK ENDING OF 01/23/2015
AND
01/24/2014 - 01/29/2015 FALLS INTO THE WEEK ENDING OF 01/30/2015

NEED THIS WEEKENDING DATE TO BE:
01/16/2015 FALLS INTO THE WEEK ENDING OF 01/17/2015
01/17/2015 - 01/23/2014 FALLS INTO THE WEEK ENDING OF 01/24/2015
AND
01/24/2014 - 01/29/2015 FALLS INTO THE WEEK ENDING OF 01/31/2015

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 7.7 and WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Add SET WEEKFIRST = 1 to the program

This will affect all reports:
Reporting Server: Workspace --> Configuration Files --> Server Profile - edasprof.prf:

SET WEEKFIRST = 1

hth

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply, we do not want to affect all reports so a SET command globally or in the RO is not an option. If added directly to the .fex file then we loose our ability to open the report in the IA editor.

We need a way to do this using the define tool, maybe? I am drawing a blank on the how to....

Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, then you have use this method:

Add SET commands in InfoAssist

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Lynsi,

i haven't tested this yet, but how about the following:

FIELD_WEEK_END_DATE/MDYY=
DATEADD(DATEMOVE(FIELD_WEEK_END_DATE, 'EOW'),'D',1)

Thanks
Luiz

Posts: 117 | Location: Denver | Registered: July 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Lynsi,

Let us know if any of the previous posts worked for you.

Thank you for sharing with Focal Point and if your questions have been resolved can you mark the subject line for the post as [SOLVED].

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
InfoAssist Focal Point Forum Moderator

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tamra for following up, although the suggestions were great, unfortunately I was not able to resolve our issue with these suggestions in Info Assist. The Power User I posted for has come up with a work around so i am no longer seeking suggestions.

Thank you!

Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Lynsi,

You might try to set up a DEFINE in the master for that specific date format as the other member has suggested and have your user be aware of using the DEFINE field in the WHERE. Just be aware that WHERE based on defined fields can cause some response delays depending on the number of records retrieved.

The subject will be marked [CLOSED] within 2 days unless you have further questions.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
InfoAssist Focal Point Forum Moderator
Information Builders Inc.

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post