Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     WebFocus for PeopleSoft and Trees

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
WebFocus for PeopleSoft and Trees
 Login/Join

posted
wondering if anyone has experience with the adapter and PeopleSoft Trees (NOT Query Trees), but regular trees such as department trees or account trees. I want to use FML with these trees to produce dynamic financial reports but these trees are stored in multiple peoplesoft tables. unless there is delivered functionality with the reporting adapter to create the MFD i suspect i will have to write custom code to create the FML hierarchy file.

anyone do this before?

WF 7.7.3
Windows 2003 Server
PDF
HTML
EXL2k

Posts: 27 | Location: NYC | Registered: February 27, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Richard

I do not have the experience whit Peopesoft Trees, but I recognize this to be more or less the same as CODA Hierarchy (it is a General Ledger program like Peoplesoft).
What I did to report with FML is converting the Coda table into a new table with a master that has the proper settings for the FML repoting.

The master should look like

FILE=codahier, SUFFIX=SQLMSS
SEGNAME=CODAHIER, SEGTYPE=S0, $
  FIELD=ACCOUNT, ALIAS=ACCOUNT, FORMAT=A12, FIELDTYPE=I, $
  FIELD=ACCOUNT_PARENT, ALIAS=ACCOUNT_PARENT, FORMAT=A12, PROPERTY=PARENT_OF, REFERENCE=CODAHIER.ACCOUNT, $
  FIELD=ACCOUNT_TYPE, ALIAS=ACCOUNT_TYPE, FORMAT=A1, $
  FIELD=ROLLUP, ALIAS=ROLLUP, FORMAT=A1, $
  FIELD=ACCOUNT_LEVEL, ALIAS=ACCOUNT_LEVEL, FORMAT=I3, $
  FIELD=ACCOUNT_CAPTION, ALIAS=ACCOUNT_CAPTION, FORMAT=A36, PROPERTY=CAPTION, REFERENCE=CODAHIER.ACCOUNT, $
  FIELD=SYS_ACCOUNT, ALIAS=SYS_ACCOUNT, FORMAT=A72, MISSING=ON, $

would this help a bit

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
<HarryL>
posted
Richard,

We have developed the conversion routines which require both SQL and FOCUS routines. Please indicate what DBMS you are using and I will get you the appropriate programs

Harry

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We are using Oracle 9. Appreciate your replies.

WF 7.7.3
Windows 2003 Server
PDF
HTML
EXL2k

posted Hide Post
thanks frank. the MFD is not the issue. the issue is how I can get the data from the PeopleSoft tree (and the daata are stored in many tables) into one file that can be described in an MFD like the one you posted.

I am hoping that IBI has it built in to the WebFOCUS for PeopleSoft Adapter or at least has predefined programs to do so.

I appreceiate your reply. -- richard

WF 7.7.3
Windows 2003 Server
PDF
HTML
EXL2k

<HarryL>
posted
Richard ...

It is available and your's for the asking

Harry

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
whom do i ask to get these routines, harry? thanks.

WF 7.7.3
Windows 2003 Server
PDF
HTML
EXL2k

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Richard

I build the conversion with the ETL tools from I-way.
But if you have the PS-adapter it should be in there.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
<HarryL>
posted
Richard,

I will need an email address as to where to send the code.

Harry

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
HarryL,

I work with Richard, he is away this week.
Can you please send the code to me, along with instructions on how to implement the routines.
My email is: jcarrano@mtahq.org

Thank You!
J.C

WebFocus 713
Windows Platform
Output: HTML