Focal Point
busy cursor in maintain app.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6331073482

May 16, 2008, 09:41 AM
Dave Ayers
busy cursor in maintain app.
Hi,

I have deployed a number of maintain applications to an AIX platform (WF 5.3.3), and while they work nicely, there is one anomaly that has eluded my debugging.

When I run the apps on AIX, the cursor shows a busy (hourglass) indication everywhere within the page, except over controls, where it changes to the proper cursor type. While the programs function well, the cursor is annoying and misleading

The cursor acts properly when the apps are tested in Developer Studio (5.3.6), and the cursor property is set to 'default' on all the Forms. I've tried to follow the cursor references in the various Maintain Javascript files, without success.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to get the cursor to show it's regular pointer indication in these deployed Maintain applications ?

Thanks,

Regards,
Dave

http://www.daveayers.com

WebFocus/Maintain 7.6.4-8
on Win2000 and 2003 Server
May 16, 2008, 03:42 PM
Alan B
I would guess you are missing a js file somewhere.

Simple test. Get a view source of your maintain app running. Copy and paste into an html file.

In the body tag remove all references to onload other than document.body.style.cursor = 'auto' and run the html file native from the same location. Does your cursor change now?

If so check that the link to ibi_html is correct. You can run a maintain without some of these js files! But if one part of the onload fails, the rest will not run.

(This is in 7.6, I think that 5.x is the sameish)

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
May 19, 2008, 08:25 AM
Maintain Wizard
I saw this problem recently when someone was using an Onload function. By this I mean a JavaScript function that is supposed to run everytime the form is refreshed. I use this technique a lot. If you do have this technique and put this code as the last line, or even if you don't, create a javascript and just have:
document.body.style.cursor = 'auto'

This way the cursor will always return to the arrow.

Mark