Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Subselects in DataMigrator

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Subselects in DataMigrator
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Ok, I need someone who can read DB2 SQL to help me with this one.

I have never been able to get the DBMS SQL FLOW feature of data migrator to work very effectively for me. One of the biggest things I need to be able to do is subselects as I can do in regular SQL. Here is an example of one that I am trying to create a flow for:

Select distinct
AP.Acctg_Per_Id as Acctg_Per_Id,
BT.Bdgt_Typ_Id as Bdgt_Typ_Id
From DWDBAS.BDGT_TYP_T BT,
(Select distinct
APM.Acctg_Per_Id,
APY.Acctg_Per_Num as CalYr, APY.Acctg_Per_Id as YrId,
APQ.Acctg_Per_Num as CalQtr, APQ.Acctg_Per_Id as QtrId,
APM.Acctg_Per_Num as CalMth, APM.Acctg_Per_Id as MthId
From DWDBAS.Acctg_Per_T APY
Join DWDBAS.Per_Typ_T PTY On APY.Per_Typ_Id = PTY.Per_Typ_Id
Join DWDBAS.Acctg_Per_T APQ On APQ.Prnt_Acctg_Per_Id = APY.Acctg_Per_Id
Join DWDBAS.Per_Typ_T PTQ On APQ.Per_Typ_Id = PTQ.Per_Typ_Id
Join DWDBAS.Acctg_Per_T APM On APM.Prnt_Acctg_Per_Id = APQ.Acctg_Per_Id
Join DWDBAS.Per_Typ_T PTM On APM.Per_Typ_Id = PTM.Per_Typ_Id

Where PTY.Per_Typ_Desc = 'CALENDAR YEAR' and
PTQ.Per_Typ_Desc = 'CALENDAR QUARTER' and
PTM.Per_Typ_Desc = 'CALENDAR MONTH'
) AP,

(Select distinct PR.Prty_Id
From DWDBAS.PRTY_ROL_T PR
Join DWDBAS.ROL_TYP_T RT On PR.Rol_Typ_Id = RT.Rol_Typ_Id
Join DWDBAS.PRTY_T P On PR.Prty_Id = P.Prty_Id

Where RT.Rol_Typ_Desc = 'DIVISION'
Order by 1
) Org
Where AP.CalYr In (2008,2009,2010) and
BT.Bdgt_Typ_Desc = 'MONTHLY OPERATIONAL BUDGET'

The first error that pops up when I do this is that all of my filenames that have a qualifier of DWDBAS are invalid. The help text tells me that a DBMS SQL FLOW just passes the syntax to the SQL engine, so why is this incorrect?

Other problems I get are errors encountered at SELECT which I assume are the subselects that it doesn't know how to handle. Any advice on this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS: 7702
O/S : Windows
Data Migrator: 7702

Posts: 127 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: May 29, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi T,

Here are some suggestions from our iWay people: I would suggest to check the DM Log to see if the request is being submitted via passthru, and if not, that would explain why the creator names are not recognized and you should probably use the synonym names. Otherwise, more research would be needed to understand why passthru is not being used and this would likely require a case opened with Customer Support Services.

As far as the subselect is concerned, there are other cases where custom SQL code can be used for subselects so this should be supported.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
1) try to put a '/' instead of a '.' between then library name and the file name (DWDBAS/BDGT_TYP_T)

2) for the field CALYR, separate the values with a blank character after the comma (2008, 2009, 2010)

Hope this helps.
Catherine

7.7.02 (Html, Excel, Ahtml, Pdf,Graph,.....)
OS400 V5R3, V5R4
Windows 2000/2003/2007/2010

Posts: 68 | Location: France | Registered: February 27, 2008Report This Post