Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Banner Question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Banner Question
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi all , I hope you can point me in the correct direction. Very simply I need a process to capture the number of hours a student is registered for on a daily basis. Not concerned at all about the fields or table/views needed.

I want to create a focus data set ( I believe that would be best ) that contains only 4 fields. PIDM , # of hours registered and a date stamp the file would look like this

Pidm Date Hrs _registered AR_validation_indicator
11111 07-01-2011 0
11111 07-02-2011 6 Y
11111 07-03-2011 15 Y
11111 07-04-2011 15 Y
222222 07-01-2011 12
222222 07-02-2011 12
222222 07-03-2011 12 Y
222222 07-04-2011 12 Y

The formatting is flexible. I have created focus data at the server level before with the output of fexes so I’m not looking for code but any suggestions on how to build this via report caster on a daily basis would be appreciated.

What we are trying to do is build a file that shows us if student have added additional hours after they have validated their registration. We are only trying to capture students who have added hours after they gave validated and we are not concerned about student who validate as full time. SunGard has told us that there is not a date stamp in Banner that identifies when the validation stamp was set so I need to capture that event on a student by student basis. This would then be measured against the current values in the system.

Any suggestions would be welcome as to format of the file or the process to create . Maybe I only need to capture the date they validate one time.. Just need some suggestions as to how I can capture this date. The 2 records above I have highlighted in red would be the ones I am concerned about. Apparently students once validated are not having their classes purged even if they move from par time to full time.. Billings does have a process to identify and remove the validation flag if I can identify them,

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Greetings Geoff. Being at a Banner school, we used tables SFRSTCR and SFRSTCA to capture changes in hours. Mail me offline if you want to discuss more.
Paul Isherwood
Friends University

Prod: WF 7.7.05, BID, MRE, 7.7.06M Server, Windows 2008, RedHat, Oracle 11gR1, MS Office 2010
Test: I wish we had one!

Posts: 75 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: February 19, 2008Report This Post